Applying quick filter in main form causes data to not show in subform?? (1 Viewer)

Television

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:06
Greetings!

Strange problem again: I have a pretty simple form that includes subform. Subform's table is linked to main form's table with parent/child relation. Connecting fields are main table's ID field and corresponding field in child table. Subform is in datasheet view. This is pretty basic stuff so there should not be any problems, but every time I apply a quick filter in main form it causes data in subform become invisible. There is single row in subform, but all it's fields are empty. Why this happens and is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Television

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 23:06
How is that you are applying the filter? Are the Master/Child Link fields defined?

Television

Registered User.
Local time
How is that you are applying the filter? Are the Master/Child Link fields defined?

By using "Filter" option in toolbar. Yes, they are defined.
Thanks!
Television

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Hmmm I have not come across this.. Is it possible if you could upload the stripped version of your DB?

How to Upload a Stripped DB.

To create a Sample DB (to be uploaded for other users to examine); please follow the steps..

1. Create a backup of the file, before you proceed..
2. Delete all Forms/Queries/Reports that are not in Question (except the ones that are inter-related)
3. Delete auxiliary tables (that are hanging loose with no relationships).
4. If your table has 100,000 records, delete 99,990 records.
5. Replace the sensitive information like Telephone numbers/email with simple UPDATE queries.
6. Perform a 'Compact & Repair' it would have brought the Size down to measly KBs..
7. (If your Post count is less than 10 ZIP the file and) Upload it..

Finally, please include instructions of which Form/Query/Code we need to look at. The preferred Access version would be A2003-A2007 (.mdb files)

Television

Registered User.
Local time
This is getting stranger all the time. First I work couple hours with this problem creating new version of said form, trying different things and nothing works. Then I leave this problem alone and do other stuff and now my form is working as it should be. I really don't get it, but I guess this is solved then.
Thanks Eugin for effort!
Television

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Well as I said, I have not come across this, if I am using filters I would use Code to do it. But glad you have it solved. I will have a watch on this thread, just in case if someone has a solution/explanation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom