Artomation with PowerPoint (1 Viewer)

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:38
Hello, the artomator speaking here.

I am looking to solve a well known problem of template placeholders not mapping to shapes using out of the box VBA. In general I would like a user to be able to "upload" their power point file containing formatted master slides only (basically a blank presentation) to MS Access where the slide configuration for the layouts are stripped out of the master slides. The "uploaded" file would basically just be used as a template to create presentations from and reside in the same project folder as the access app.

Additionally the Access user could manage the power point slide content from a tree view control in access. Since the custom layouts are relatively static, I was thinking a form for each custom slide layout would basically let the user manufacture a standard Power Point from Access where each form control has the ability to map to a slide template shape. :D

Anyone have ideas or source for a similar project? I will share my solution once I can crack the code. Peace!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 15:38
I realise DevTycoon is already aware of this link, but for the benefit of others, see
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1517003&postcount=9

AWF member, JHB , did some very clever stuff exporting Access charts into PowerPoint. As I said in another recent post, any clunkiness in the database is due to the OP of that thread and not the code added by JHB

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:38

Yep, something like that. I am using custom layouts so the enumerated layout types don't work too well. I know you can make custom classes that can have user-defined enumerations. Any ideas for something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom