Background colour on tables/queries (1 Viewer)

babrees

Local time
Today, 23:10
Table/Query default background colour changed to grey in database view. It was ok yesterday. I have not changed anything as far as I am aware, but this morning all databases are the same. I have looked but just cannot see where to change it back.

On doing a search some said that it was the Windows theme. I have definitely not changed that recently, however, I tried changing it to the default windows theme and colours, but that didn't change the tables in access.

I know I can change the tables by changing bg colour to white in design, but I really don't want to go through all the tables to change them, and then remember each time I make a table to select bg colour white.

Any ideas?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Any updates?, Windows or office?
Not that much of an issue though?

babrees

Local time
Not as far as I know.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Table/Query default background colour changed to grey in database view. It was ok yesterday. I have not changed anything as far as I am aware, but this morning all databases are the same. I have looked but just cannot see where to change it back.

On doing a search some said that it was the Windows theme. I have definitely not changed that recently, however, I tried changing it to the default windows theme and colours, but that didn't change the tables in access.

I know I can change the tables by changing bg colour to white in design, but I really don't want to go through all the tables to change them, and then remember each time I make a table to select bg colour white.

Any ideas?
Why are you worried about the background colour of tables?

babrees

Local time
Because when I am working on them and want to look at the tables it's difficult for me to see. Plus I'm autistic so it has to be right!!

babrees

Local time
Thank you. Yes, as I mentioned, I found how to change each individual table, but I really wanted it to revert back to having a white background by default, as it used to be. I was hoping somebody could point me to the default.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Well the guide also tells you how to put it back to default

"To return the original color to the datasheet, click the Alternate Row Color button and select Automatic or No Color."

babrees

Local time
So sorry - I missed that!! I was expecting 'default'.
Thanks!
So I have to go to each table and click automatic in the bg colour.
Really, really strange that two separate databases suddenly changed all their tables bg to grey! weird.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Have you changed your Office theme?

1702059950986.png

babrees

Local time
No. It's been on white since soon after installing.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Upload the DB and see if it is the same for others?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Try swopping to Colorful & see if that helps.
What version/build of Access are you using?
As it affects more than one database, it may be a good idea to do an Office Repair

babrees

Local time
@isladogs Yes, I did try swapping to all the different colours, nothing changed. I should've said which version, sorry; I'm using 2016. I first started using Access before 2000, but haven't used it for years, only now just getting started again with it.

OK, after trying many various things I thought to create a new database, and the table background is white!! So it seems that it only appears to have changed to grey in previous databases. Maybe that's to do with my fiddlings, I don't know. Very strange, but I can live with that :)

Thank you all for trying to help :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time

OK, after trying many various things I thought to create a new database, and the table background is white!! So it seems that it only appears to have changed to grey in previous databases. Maybe that's to do with my fiddlings, I don't know. Very strange, but I can live with that :)

Thank you all for trying to help :)
Try importing everything into a new dB in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom