Biden Administration Quietly Forcing Unionization

I despise the concept of a Union. Forcing an employer to pay you more money rather than just utilizing the market to do so is anti-free market.

If you are worth more, and threaten to leave or enough people leave for better paying jobs, then the employer will raise the pay rate until they can get the people they need. If they don't have to do that, then you aren't worth more than you're making. If you are, then go somewhere else.

The unions fear automation but they don't seem to realize that if they demand wages so high as to bankrupt the company, they will 1lose jobs that the union can't protect. If they make their labor cost to the employers too high, they make automation more cost-effective - which means that when the NEXT contract comes around, the union will be busted - and they will have done it
Bingo!

Forcing an employer to pay you more money rather than just utilizing the market to do so is anti-free market.
You reminded me of "right to work". This is an overlooked issue in this election cycle. Biden/Harris have been claiming that "right to work" laws are terrible since it discourages the ability of the unions to recruit people. Well, one needs to look at the reverse, why should anyone be forced to join a union in-order to work? People should not be forced to join a union.

Forcing an employer to pay you more money rather than just utilizing the market to do so is anti-free market.

It undermines a reality in most small-to-medium businesses. Unions keep on saying that they want their people to be paid what they are worth. But in a free economy, people are NEVER paid what they (think they) are worth. They are paid what the employer thinks the JOB is worth.

In non-union situations, you get paid by your usefulness. Which is why I always agreed to take on special projects in the Navy environment. I could name at least a dozen small, medium, and large projects where I implemented a software solution for various functions within the department or within the headquarters of the U.S Navy Reserve. I showed versatility and the willingness to help. I survived 8 changes of contracting company during 28 1/2 years in that environment. THAT is how you get pay raises and continued employment.

Exactly. the employer determines what you are worth and you get more by mobility and employees wanting to attract and retain.

Amen. Pass the biscuits.

t was #1 on several different popularity charts both in the USA and the UK, for several weeks in each case.
It's always ben a hit in my book. Ford's voice is fabulous and perfect for the song.

The President can invoke the Taft-Hartley act any time he wants to. For reasons that escape me, he says he won't invoke it. Perhaps this is his last attempt to screw Harris who can't have the specter of shelves empty of toilet paper as they were during COVID. The only products you could buy in BJ's yesterday were the very expensive "name" brands. There were no BJ's brand paper products to be found. I was informed around 4 PM yesterday when I asked the manager, that the store would restock the shelves in the morning and they were not planning on limiting purchase quantities yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom