Bin Laden is dead - YEA! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 07:52
There's hope for you Col,

I always said and I repeat, any time you or Rich is ever in the Washington DC area, in fact anyone from across the pond or around the world, I would be glad to show you some of the sights.

We have some passable museums, here in Washington.

Museums in the USA? I hear there are artefacts dating back to the 1930's in some of the older museums.
Or perhaps we can jump and chant outside the White House like the Americans did last week?
Actually, the joke here in the UK about that debarcle of seeing the Yanks dancing in the street outside the White House is that they were Republicans who misheard the announcement on the radio and thought they said "Obama is dead" not "Osama is dead". Then when they found out, they gave up and went home.

By the way, what does "SEAL" mean? (apart from the little fluffy things Canadians like to club to death with a baseball bat)

Col

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 02:52
Museums in the USA? I hear there are artefacts dating back to the 1930's in some of the older museums.
Or perhaps we can jump and chant outside the White House like the Americans did last week?
Actually, the joke here in the UK about that debarcle of seeing the Yanks dancing in the street outside the White House is that they were Republicans who misheard the announcement on the radio and thought they said "Obama is dead" not "Osama is dead". Then when they found out, they gave up and went home.

By the way, what does "SEAL" mean? (apart from the little fluffy things Canadians like to club to death with a baseball bat)

Col

Is it normal for folks in Great Britain to start drinking this early in the morning?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Something Col plans to pass along to his own little Navy Seal group?

It's mildly interesting that when Bin Laden was in hiding we were told his influence over Al-Qaeda was small...now that's he kaput, we are hearing reports that his influence was significant. The story turns to suit the moment.

I smoke cigar with guys that are in the intelligence community. I truly believe that Bin Laden had been fairly successful at masking his trail over the last few years. The couriers that were involved in his network were true believers, highly loyal, and very careful. The threads of the network were mostly invisible. These few were slated to become the next generation of leaders in the al-Qaeda organization.

The information contained in the discovery at Abbottabad, reveals much of the secret goings on of al-Qaeda. Obviously many of the headquarters scattered around the region were immediately abandon, but it is unlikely in the haste to flee, that important information was not left behind.

Certainly there will be DNA evidence, and chemical residue if nothing else.

Many of the leadership will most certainly perish as a result of this raid.
The information gleaned is much more important, than the demise of one of their leaders.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:52
By the way, what does "SEAL" mean?

Each of the USA military forces has specially trained men. A SEAL team is a commando team trained to work at SEa, Air, or Land. They are marksmen as well. (Remember the incident when Somali Pirates got picked off by SEAL team snipers?)

I do not claim to personally know any Navy SEAL team members, but I work with the U.S. Navy as my day job. I'm told by someone whom I consider to be a reliable source that a Navy SEAL swims better than many species of fish. They are masters of amphibious infiltration. They fight better and more decisively than most police officers, even the ones with Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) training.

I leave it to the casual observer to consider that a team of Navy SEALS took out Osama with no loss of life or even any injury to their own people. The were in, fighting, and out again in 40 minutes, complete with a body and some computers that will help reveal many percolating Al Qaeda plots.

This raid will also have the effect of making it easier to track down many terrorists. I have already heard of a Saudi government person who surrendered rather than allowing himself to be discovered and raided in the middle of the night.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:52
I am truly in awe that anyone could storm into a fortified encampment like that and come out alive despite crashing a chopper. I am sure they did a lot of preparation but it must take a lot of guts and confidence in the team.

While on the topic of meanings. I have always wondered why "Marines" seem to be in the Army rather than the Navy?

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:52
I leave it to the casual observer to consider that a team of Navy SEALS took out Osama with no loss of life or even any injury to their own people. The were in, fighting, and out again in 40 minutes, complete with a body and some computers that will help reveal many percolating Al Qaeda plots.

Far be it from me to disparrage the skills of this SEALS team, but from what I have seen so far of all of this, to shoot an unarmed man in the head, because an unarmed woman ran at you (which they managed to shoot in the leg), does'nt do much credit to them... Unless the only order was to take him out.

Having said that, nobody of any particle of braincell in their skull will mourn his demise.

I just wish the US would come clean and stop trying to present this as another eopisode of JAG and admit:

We found him and we executed him

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
I'm told by someone whom I consider to be a reliable source that a Navy SEAL swims better than many species of fish. They are masters of amphibious infiltration. They fight better and more decisively than most police officers, even the ones with Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) training.

Cod? More fighting skill than Officer Dibble?

I thought the most impressive thing was they all supposedly in the elite squadren of the navy seals speak several languages. Including in this case Pashto

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Cod? More fighting skill than Officer Dibble?

I thought the most impressive thing was they all supposedly in the elite squadren of the navy seals speak several languages. Including in this case Pashto

Col, Rich, Anthony.

The three of you really want no one else in your little sand box. There are no girls left. Of course you probably don't like girls anyway.

It’s pathetic the way you act.

If your mother knew, would she be ashamed of you? What’s even more pathetic, if that’s possible, is that you don’t care.

Luckily, if any of the three of you ever said something intelligent it might be cause for alarm, as it is, you are simply an annoyance.
Go get a life you pitiful excuses.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Col, Rich, Anthony.

The three of you really want no one else in your little sand box. There are no girls left. Of course you probably don't like girls anyway.

It’s pathetic the way you act.

If your mother knew, would she be ashamed of you? What’s even more pathetic, if that’s possible, is that you don’t care.

Luckily, if any of the three of you ever said something intelligent it might be cause for alarm, as it is, you are simply an annoyance.
Go get a life you pitiful excuses.

What did I do? Christ - just a mild ribbing about what kind of fish, and the shock that the elite of the armed forces where better than the police, and some futher info on some of their impressive skills.

If you are so offended by that - I suggest you need the life. ffs

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I have three grandchildren but what's it got to do with American police?:confused:

I’m sorry Rich,

Most people have the intelligence to get a basic inference, from an simple implication.

The obvious answers is that I have two Nephews, both of which are overseas, one in Iraq, the other in Afghanistan. They both graduated from the top of their classes with degrees in Engineering.

You have no earned right to speak of America policing the world. We kept the soviets away for 40 years, and all you can offer is despicable insults to a Nations that has always proceeded with your best interest at the front of our foreign policy.

Yes, it is time for other nations to step up, and take the lead in keeping the oil flowing.

I guarantee you if someone doesn’t, WW III will soon follow.

Rich, you speak like the naive fool that you must be. By the way, I am not at all riled up, I am merely embarrassed for you and the other two morons you run with.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
What did I do? Christ - just a mild ribbing about what kind of fish, and the shock that the elite of the armed forces where better than the police, and some futher info on some of their impressive skills.

If indeed you are good natured in you’re in your insults, then naturally I am at your service.

But your two friends have taken the guise of “good natured” to insult everything American for years.

As someone mention earlier, truly most of the people that used to be here are now gone. Col and Rich, and I suspect whoever you are, were all three culpable in that act.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time

If indeed you are good natured in you’re in your insults, then naturally I am at your service.

But your two friends have taken the guise of “good natured” to insult everything American for years.

As someone mention earlier, truly most of the people that used to be here are now gone. Col and Rich, and I suspect whoever you are, were all three culpable in that act.

I reported your post because quite simply youre way out of line.

Which part of my post that threw you into a hissy fit was Anti American - not a bit of it!

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I am truly in awe that anyone could storm into a fortified encampment like that and come out alive despite crashing a chopper. I am sure they did a lot of preparation but it must take a lot of guts and confidence in the team.

While on the topic of meanings. I have always wondered why "Marines" seem to be in the Army rather than the Navy?

Marines trace their linage back to the days when the British ruled the world. Marines on board British Naval Vessels, did not participate in the day to day functioning of the ship, but instead were on board for close fighting and shore operations.

Hence the Navy; but in the US the Marines operate under the department of the Navy. The chain of command goes through the Commandant directly to the Joint Chiefs not through the Navy Admirals.

I may have this a little messed up, so any Marines out there are welcome to correct me.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I reported your post because quite simply youre way out of line.

Which part of my post that threw you into a hissy fit was Anti American - not a bit of it!

What are you hoping to accomplish by “reporting” my post? I’m way outside my character now. Normally I would never bother to respond to any of ya’lls outrages insults.

Mostly, I imagine, because I consider the source.

As it was, Col started this thread tangent by complaining how he was banned for life, and how it must be someone else’s fault. Then Rich takes the opportunity to use his little "obtuse" act to further the insults at America.

Maybe Anthony, your timing was just so bad it appeared you were joining the fight. I suspect the you chose that time so you could say something unpleasant and still have a way to cry foul, when someone got sick of it.
You know, pretending to use a joke to mask an insult is something most people out grow in middle school.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
What are you hoping to accomplish by “reporting” my post? I’m way outside my character now. Normally I would never bother to respond to any of ya’lls outrages insults.

Mostly, I imagine, because I consider the source.

As it was, Col started this thread tangent by complaining how he was banned for life, and how it must be someone else’s fault. Then Rich takes the opportunity to use his little "obtuse" act to further the insults at America.

Maybe Anthony, your timing was just so bad it appeared you were joining the fight. I suspect the you chose that time so you could say something unpleasant and still have a way to cry foul, when someone got sick of it.
You know, pretending to use a joke to mask an insult is something most people out grow in middle school.

My post was a little teasing of Docmans desriptions (it was timed Monday morning when I read what I respnded to - theres no conspiracy theory to it!) - better fighters than the Police - who would think differnat frankly? And better swimmers than some fish - can most people quantify that statement into something useful, just how good is that? I can see how Doc Man may have been a little peeved. It was a little cheeky. I apologise.

If you think your response reasonable - fair enough.

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
My post was a little teasing of Docmans desriptions (it was timed Monday morning when I read what I respnded to - theres no conspiracy theory to it!) - better fighters than the Police - who would think differnat frankly? And swim faster than some fish - can most people quantify that statement into something useful, just how fast is that. I can see how Doc Man may have been a little peeved. It was a little cheeky. I apologise.

If you think your response reasonable - fair enough.

No, my response was excessive; you unfortunately got lumped in with Rich and Col.

In the future we will see if this retraction is warranted. I hope it is.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
The truth is I actually pity both Rich and Col.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
On Twitter they have something called TweetUps where people who communicate to each other via Twitter meet up in real life.

I'd pay money to be a fly-on-the-wall for a watercooler version :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom