Bt Home Hub - networking (1 Viewer)

parking01

exploring the unknown
Local time
Today, 15:07
Hi All

I have just taken delivery of my new Bt HomeHub - 8mb broadband. I have connected it to my pc and all works well. I would now like to connect my laptop to it through my wireless card.

I have searched the net but found no answers..... I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me.

Would also like to hear the comments from others about the new Bt HomeHub.

Regards
:D

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:07
parking01 said:
Would also like to hear the comments from others about the new Bt HomeHub.

Regards
:D

Personally I wouldn't touch BT with a barge pole speaking from both personal and professional experience. Have a look at this thread in the Digital Spy forums, and unsuprisingly a common complaint is that tech support is next to useless (in the majority of cases). BTW the thread was not setup to bash BT it was, as you have asked, to share the user experience.

parking01

exploring the unknown
Local time
Minkey said:
Direct from BT's website :p clicky

Tried that but when you type in Bthub.config as it states to in the browser as directed it does nothing.....:D

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:07
Have you tried bthomehub.config or bthomehub.home as the address?

parking01

exploring the unknown
Local time
I have just added my laptop to the bthomehub. Simple when you know what your doing really:rolleyes:

heres what i did....

i installed the hub to my laptop through a usb cable, installed all the software then i conencted the hub back to my main pc.

I then used the connection software on my laptop to connect to the hub.

like i say really simple if you know what your doing.

ANGUZ

Local time
Today, 23:07
Design fault

I just got my Hub and phone,

I know this may sound a trivial matter, I noticed how the phone dock can be connected to the Hub case by removing the small Grey palstic cover, but when you do this you cant connect the phone charger socket due to the shape of it, and the position of the socket on the phone dock, looks like the mini tool kits coming out to make an alterations, cant see how they overlooked this. :rolleyes:

RichardP1978

Registered User.
Local time
ANGUZ said:
I just got my Hub and phone,

I know this may sound a trivial matter, I noticed how the phone dock can be connected to the Hub case by removing the small Grey palstic cover, but when you do this you cant connect the phone charger socket due to the shape of it, and the position of the socket on the phone dock, looks like the mini tool kits coming out to make an alterations, cant see how they overlooked this. :rolleyes:

Mine looked like there was nothing there, but if you look once you have removed the grey plastic bit, you will see some metal contacts, these will connect to the phone base as you will see contacts there too. They are quite small, I was wondering the same a month or two back when I got a hub and phone, but tried it and phone charged up

ANGUZ

Local time
Yes mate, I can see the contacts, and have the phone base connected to the hub, thats not the problem, when you do connect the phone base, you cant fit the phone charger mini plug into its socket, as it`s an L shaped connector, and when its plugged in it sticks out from the bottom of the base, and theres no way of threading it through.

RichardP1978

Registered User.
Local time
You shouldnt need to use that, I dont use it on mine and my phone charges from the actual hub. The phones own charger that you get is sat on a shelf.

statsman

Local time
Today, 18:07
May it destroy your computer you cheap chisler

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom