Button to show all records on "Data Entry Form" (1 Viewer)

moi

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:46
Good day,

How could I show all my records in my data entry form by clicking a button.. I tried "ShowAllRec" but it is not working (Invalid use of property)..

Thank you

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:46
Try:

Me.DataEntry=False

Reactions: moi

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:46
How could I show all my records in my data entry form by clicking a button.. I tried "ShowAllRec" but it is not working (Invalid use of property)..
How many records can the user work with at any one time?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 17:46
Good day,

Thank you
Where did you find ShowAllRec ?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@moi If your form is filtered, you need to remove the filter. If your form is bound to a query with a where clause, you need to provide a different search value.

moi

Local time
@moi If your form is filtered, you need to remove the filter. If your form is bound to a query with a where clause, you need to provide a different search value.
Hi pat, good day.
My form is bound to a table..

moi

Local time
Hmm, when I try in the load event, the first I get with M.sh is .ShortcutMenu ? :unsure:
hi, i think i did not say that it is the first item.. it is there 3rd item on the list..

anyway thank you for picking up my post sir.. slowly am learning..

Attachments

• Screenshot (95).png
    Screenshot (95).png
    11.3 KB · Views: 17

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
That is what I am saying. They are displayed in alphabetical order?
Here is mine. I do not even have that entry? I am on 2019 now,

1714215009932.png

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
As I understand it, intellisense shows User Defined Functions (UDF), and probably also user defined subs, in the current module. That suggests to me that what @moi's screenshot shows is actually a function in his module.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
As I understand it, intellisense shows User Defined Functions (UDF), and probably also user defined subs, in the current module. That suggests to me that what @moi's screenshot shows is actually a function in his module.
Yes, the O/P seems to like creating functions instead of looking for using the Access functions.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If your form is bound to a table, it is already showing all the records. What did you do to make it not show all the records??????

LarryE

Local time
The OP seems to be confused between what is an ACCESS executable command and what is a defined control name on a form. I think they wanted to somehow execute a control name.

moi

Local time
If your form is bound to a table, it is already showing all the records. What did you do to make it not show all the records??????
I set it as a "data entry".. Reason for wanting to showallrecords is sometimes i need to browse the records..

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
A form in edit mode is still capapble of data entry using the button on the bottom of the form. You could also use your own button.
Data Entry property means you can only ever add records. The most misnamed property in Access. :(
1714290230634.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom