Solved Data entry form how can I only show new record (1 Viewer)

bobbeerbower

Local time
Today, 02:19
A year or so ago I created this data entry form for updating training records. The form contains a drop box for selecting the employees name, and two sub forms one for adding new records and the second for displaying the employees current records. The form was working as intended until about a week ago.

The issue is with the AddNewRecord sub form. The AddNewRecord sub form should look like the image on the bottom when the form first opens. I'll use this subform to add new records to the database. If I move to a different employee and then back to the original employee the AddNewRecord subform should be blank except for prefilling the date for a new record. The problem is that the AddNewRecord subform is displaying all of the current records. Not sure what I did to mess it up, or how to fix it.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 082054.jpg

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 02:19
Most people would do something like this explained in video where you have a set of controls above the subform to add new if you do not want to add directly in the continuous form. What you are asking would be confusing to me as a user.
addnew.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom