Can Access 2003 users cause corruption in an Acess 2000 DB? (1 Viewer)

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 16:55
I've been having trouble finding an answer. Our office shares an Access 2000 database on an win98 machine. Most everyone in the office has been upgraded to winxp and office 2003 pro. The database is not split on the win98 machine and to my knowledge everyone just has a shortcut to the db on their own pc.

Three times of the last week there have been occurences where someone tries to open the database and it comes up with the popup that says it's been corrupted and it needs repaired. 2 of the 3 times a table that we frequently use has been corrupted and we lost several rows of data.

I don't if it's just coincidence or not but the trouble did not seem to begin until sometime after people began getting upgraded from office 2000 to office 2003. Is there an issue with people using 2000 and 2003 both using an access 2000 database at the same time?

I realize that the database should be split and setup FE on everyone's computers and maybe that's one thing we can/will work on soon, but is there something else at work here that may cause the problem? Thanks.

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:55
Possible. More info... Be sure to see the section entitled "Issues to Consider When You Share a MS Jet Database."

Regards,
Tim

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
I realize that the database should be split and setup FE on everyone's computers.
Bingo!

Yes, the db should be split and the front end installed on each persons computer.

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Thank you for your replies. I'm looking into the possibility of Jet engine mismatches and will try to get approval to split the database as recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom