Solved Can I access the user passwords in the MDW file?

m1000

Local time
Today, 14:22
Hello everyone. I have an mdb file and this database is protected with a password and an mdw file. I know the database password. When I delete the mdw file and try to log in with only the database password, I get a warning that I do not have the necessary permissions to view the database file. When I try to open the database with the mdw file, I still cannot access it because I do not know the username and password. There are 2 users defined in the mdw file, one of them is admin and the other is user x. The admin user does not have any password but does not have viewing permission either. So I think I can only open the database with user x, but I do not know the password of user x. How can I open this database, please help. The person who created this database left the workplace and set it up like this so that no one can access it.

old version of access Requires the mdw file for security.

Hello everyone. I have an mdb file and this database is protected with a password and an mdw file. I know the database password. When I delete the mdw file and try to log in with only the database password, I get a warning that I do not have the necessary permissions to view the database file. When I try to open the database with the mdw file, I still cannot access it because I do not know the username and password. There are 2 users defined in the mdw file, one of them is admin and the other is user x. The admin user does not have any password but does not have viewing permission either. So I think I can only open the database with user x, but I do not know the password of user x. How can I open this database, please help. The person who created this database left the workplace and set it up like this so that no one can access it.
Have you even tried to ask them?

Of course
No of course about it. :)
You would be surprised at the number of people who do not think of the simplest solution. :(

So I am presuming they left under a cloud, else they would not have any issues supplying the password?

I am sure there are plenty of hacks to crack a mdw file?

Have a look at these perhaps?

I searched on Google and asked people I could ask. Please help me if you know how to solve it.

upload your db+mdw file, maybe some wiseguy can crack the nut.

I do not. :(
Then there is the issue that we only have your word of this situation?
Generally we do not help to hack into a db for that very reason, even if we were able.

I am not a General, so perhaps i can do it (try).

Sorry for the delay, here are the mdb and mdw files. I had to upload it somewhere else because the file was too large.
I cant add directly link here
Removed
Removed

Last edited:
No, you will not be able to add links for quite some time.

I doubt it's crackable, especially as you have such a small amount of encrypted data.

When you created an mdw file, access/ms did give careful and explicit warnings regarding the password, and it's security. Perhaps you weren't involved personally at the time.

You might try everythingaccess.com. Wayne might be able to help, if you can can prove you own the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom