Cannot Open Images in Access!! (1 Viewer)

B

BAPA

Access 97 and Photoshop

I have Access 97 and Photoshop 5.5 on Windows 95.
All graphics filters for Access 97 are loaded.

Problem:

I'm trying what I think should be a simple task: to load a jpg / tif into Access and display it as an image on a form. I have Photoshop on the system, and I want to be able to edit the picture using Photoshop on demand. There is one image for each record in the database table.

So far:

First try:
I create an object field and insert the filename into the bound object frame on a form: I use a linked rather than an embedded object, and I use the displaycontent rather than the displayicon option.

What happens? Instead of the jpg or Tif displaying, I get a thumbnail of the image and its name in the field. I want the zoomed picture to display. How do I do this? Double clicking produces the desired response: the file loads in Photoshop.

Second try:
I create a text field to contain the image's filename and create an unbound image field on the form, which I update (using oncurrent event of form)to display the contents of the text field.

This produces the desired display, but unfortunately the system displays a dialog showing that it is importing a new image to the unbound image field as you move from record to record. How can I suppress these messages?

Secondly, using this method means I have to load Adobe programmatically: I have loaded the Adobe library into the reference list, and I try to run code using createobject rather than getobject, but I get error 429: "activex component can't create object". Does anybody know the correct syntax to use or can point me to useful resources?

And I thought this was simple ...

TPugh

Local time
Today, 15:39
Try changing your photo to a bitmap.

It might help.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom