Can't Find Project or Library (1 Viewer)

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:56
Good afternoon Folks,

I'm hopeing someone can help me here.

I have the following code written in one of my forms and all of a sudden when ever an end users gets to a certain point when entering data, the code trips out with the message "Can't find Project or Library"

Code:
DataType = [COLOR=red]Left[/COLOR](Me![txtDataType].Value, 10)
If DataType = "Attendance" Then
    NoOfFields = 0
    NoOfFieldCorrect = 0
    NoOfFieldsIncorrect = 0
    QualityRating = 0
Else

I've checked that all the references are in place and when I carry out the same actions on my PC it doesn't happen it only happens on the end users PC's

The bit of code in red is always highlighted when the code trips out.

I've checked then end users PC's for all the references I'm using and they are present on their PC's and there are no "MISSING" shown in the References.

Does anyone have any idea or suggestions as to why it trips out on the end users PC's and not on mine.

This has been working find for years and now all of sudden this is going pear shaped.:banghead:

Regards

John

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 02:56
Have the user got a new computer or updated to another MS-Windows version?
Have the user tried with another database, (you can make a simple database), with the same function, (Left)?
Have you tried to compile the database on the users computer?
I would suspect the References, but you write you've checked them, so ...!

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Yesterday, 20:56
What version of Access is the database written in, and what version do the users have?

At my workplace, we've run into an error where databases written using Access 2000 and 2003, when opened with Access 2013, have their references permanently changed, which ends up causing this 'missing reference' error. The culprit is an eliminated link to the Microsoft DAO library, which you have to restore, and which will be erased again every time the file is opened in 2013.

If this is the case, you might see if you can do a file conversion - I don't know if it works, because word came down from above that our solution is going to be rewriting all of our hundred or so tools and databases in C++ (with SQL Server connections, if necessary) rather than continuing to use VB and Access; ergo, I've had no chance to look into long-term solutions.

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:56
Thanks JHB and Forthingslosh for your response,

JHB

None of the end users have new PC's or have been upgraded to new software [one of the first things I checked]

As I keep backups of my database I deployed one from August and got the user to access it and it appeared to resolve but when the user accessed the database this afternoon the error came back.

I also complied the database on their PC's and the error message still came up.

For some reason Access 2000 is having a problem with the Left Function, yet the exact same database when open on my PC is fine.

I suspect that recent security changes that our IT have been making to our system may be the culprit, but I have no proof of that.

Forthingslosh

None of our users are using a later version of Access, this was something that I also checked.

So this one appears to be a bit of a mystery :banghead:

I guess I'll have to keep trying to find a solution to this.

Thanks once again for your responses

Regards

John

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 02:56
It could be something like that, (it is found in another Forum and it is for Excel but ...):
Ok, solved this one and I feel this is important enough to share.

1) The problem was missing Solver add-in - VBA didn't know that whether "left" was in Solver or in VBA library, so it was impossible to know which one to take

2) My program didn't work in every Windows version. It seemed like Excel version mattered something too.

The solution? Make pretty darn sure that when you code for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows that you have the Solver add-in in BOTH program files AND in program files (x32) folders!

Another option is to check Windows version by VBA, but still the idea is that your problem can more than easily be about "wrong" Program Files folder.
What happen if you use the Right and Mid function, does the user get an error with that, (basic they should)?
Could you post a printscreen of the references the user has?
You could also try to prefix/specified it:
Code:
DataType = [COLOR=red][B]VBA.[/B][COLOR=Black]Left[/COLOR][/COLOR](Me![txtDataType].Value, 10)
Another solution could be to create a brand new database on the user's computer and import all from your database into it.
The next suggestion is more of a gut feeling/instinct than anything else:
Start the user's computer with Windows only and only MS-Access without other programs loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom