Can't get rid of "read only-ness" (1 Viewer)

MikeFabro

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:17
I've got 2 forms: frmDetailed and frmPrivate. frmPrivate is opened via a command button on frmDetailed along with a query and the OpenArgs property to bring up the matching record on frmPrivate.

frmPrivate opens just fine, but I cannot edit the data that the form's controls are bound to. There are checkboxes and text boxes, and I can't edit any of them.

I have checked the 'locked' properties of each check box, text box, and the form-- but it doesn't seem to want to let me edit the data.

Any suggestions? - THANKS

Funger

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:17
Open your "unlocked" form, and open the rowsource editor.

Then change the view to Datasheet.

Are you able to modify the data there?

If your rowsource isn't editable, there then it won't be on the form either.

MikeFabro

Registered User.
Local time
I can edit the information through the frmPrivate form when I open it directly from the database window, but when I open it via the button on the frmDetailed form, I cannot edit.

In the situation where I cannot edit the information- I switched to the datasheet view, and am still unable to edit the info. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you reference the "rowsource editor"...

MikeFabro

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for your help, but I found the problem-- the code I was using to bring up the form through using the button specified (through the .openform function) acReadOnly.... it pays to read carefully.

Funger

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:17
Excellent.

Glad you found the problem. Sometimes it just takes me complaining to someone else to get my brain working. :) Was just trying to bouce ideas off ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom