Carl Sagan

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 04:37
They're re-running Cosmos on PBS and it's quite the eye opener every time I watch it... I vote it one of the best documentaries ever done. I couldn't find a link to the Cosmos series itself but here is Carl Sagan's site...

http://www.carlsagan.com/

The a-bomb / war stuff is particularly sobering...

Does anyone like to watch it? What are your thoughts? What are some of your favorite documentaries?

I remember it from the first time around. Compulsive watching and that mesmerising synth music in the background. Sagan was the only person who was able to make me understand (on a basic level anyway) Einstein's theory of relativity. Mind you don't test me on it now please...;)

Sagan is definitely quality. I remember seeing it in high school, although the only thing that really sticks out in my memory is a hilariously bad comparison of an atom to a tiny piece of pie. :D

in the 70s while in high school, i met Sagan and was in a one on one session with him with my physics class. . . . the guy was phenominal. . .

the only question i asked him was if he believed in life in other places in the universe, and he said, absolutely. . .

sportsguy

Last edited:
I too saw the original. I'm glad to say the amimations have been updated for the re-release (the technology is so much better now than in the 70's).

Even people who think the moon is made of green cheese will enjoy it.

I loved the Cosmos series. I had a girlfriend during my senior year in high school who purchased the set and would give me one tape (yes vhs tape...I'm old) for whenever I was "extra" good. Unfortunately after receiving only 3 or 4 tapes I had broken up with her. Even to this day I still debate whether I should've continued seeing her until I had the complete set. :p

You can't be that old or they would have been in Beta:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom