changing the reference table in a report. (1 Viewer)

thydzik

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:30
Hello all.

I am very new to access, wanting to get good with it as I am with excel.

My problem is:
I have created a report using the report wizard that gets the values from a specific table. Now if I have a second tabled with exactly the same fields how do I change the report to look at that table instead, or even both.

thanks

R

Rich

Why would you want or have a second table with the same fields as the first?

Laurentech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:30
You could have two reports stored in the db. Just do a copy and paste of the one you've got and name it something different. Then with the second report in design view click on View, Properties. In the drop box for the Record Source select your second table.

Larry

thydzik

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:30
Laurentech said:
You could have two reports stored in the db. Just do a copy and paste of the one you've got and name it something different. Then with the second report in design view click on View, Properties. In the drop box for the Record Source select your second table.

Larry

Thanks, that was exactly what I was after.

john471

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:30
thydzik said:
I am very new to access, wanting to get good with it as I am with excel.

Larry may have solved your current perception of your immediate problem; but Rich's apparently simple (but quite serious, I assure you) question stems from a depth of experience. If you truely do want to "get good with" Access, the path Rich is attempting to lead you down is likely to be far better in the medium to long term. It sounds like your current design will lead to maintenance nightmares, which may easily be avoided if the correct design is implemented in the first instance (or as soon as possible). Rich's question relates to getting your design right. In case you thought otherwise, it is quite worthy of your consideration and response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom