CheckBoxes (1 Viewer)

damian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:19
Hello

I've got lots of unbound checkboxes on a page of a tab control - upon navigating to a different page, the remnants of the border colour of some of the checkboxes remain visible (please see attached)

Any ideas how to overcome this issue (apart from removing checkboxes and changing their border colour).

Is it a memory issue?

D

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    84.5 KB · Views: 92

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
Make sure that the checkboxes are actually on the tab page and not on the form itself. The only way you can place controls on a tab page is by creating new ones from the toolbox or the field list. The background of the tab page changes color as the control is added and that gives you a visual clue. Copying and pasting doesn't work.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:19
Make sure that the checkboxes are actually on the tab page and not on the form itself. The only way you can place controls on a tab page is by creating new ones from the toolbox or the field list. The background of the tab page changes color as the control is added and that gives you a visual clue. Copying and pasting doesn't work.

Sorry Pat, gotta disagree with you on this one because I've actually done it. All you have to do to place controls that already exist on the form onto a tab is to CUT and then select the particular tab you want it on and then either use CTRL+V or right-click and select PASTE. Now, if any of those controls had code on any events, you need to go to those events in the properties dialog and select [Event Procedure] from the drop down to reattach the code that was there.

damian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:19
Thanks for taking time in replying - both methods worked a treat.

I think I had initially copied (not cut) and pasted - and that was despite reading other posts on similar issues with tab page controls.

Cheers

D

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:19
I was just trying to do this the other day at work and pasting would not place a control on a page. It was very frustrating because I was tring to copy a group of precisely spaced and formatted controls and I said some very bad words. I just tried it on my laptop and paste worked fine. I'll have to check again when I get back there. Maybe I was having a bad hair day.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 09:19
And just as an FYI, for anyone interested, you can reverse this (put a single control that was on one tab on to all tabs) by selecting the control, clicking CUT and then selecting no tab but the main tab control itself and then paste. It will then appear on all pages (I use that frequently for close buttons so I only have to make it once).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom