Close Button (X in upper right corner) Doesn't Close Access (1 Viewer)

TheSearcher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:08
I have an Access 2016 accdb database that refuses to close when I click the X in the upper right corner. It will minimize when I click the minus sign but will not close when I click the X. I tried a Compact/Repair but no luck.
I have to either end the task through Task Manager or right click the Access icon in the bottom task bar and choose Close Window.
Any ideas?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:08
Does this happen to all your databases or just a specific one? If only to the same database all the time, do you know if there are any code added to it to prevent the use of the Close X button?

tltanhueco1990

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:08
Doesn't happen to mine! Could be a bug in the system.

If it happens occasionally, have you tried deleting and reinstalling Access? It sometimes works.

TheSearcher

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:08
theDBguy - Yes. I have code to disable to close button. I will now punish myself for my stupidity.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:08
theDBguy - Yes. I have code to disable to close button. I will now punish myself for my stupidity.
You may have just forgotten it if you added it a long time ago. It can happen to anyone. Cheers!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:08
I will now punish myself for my stupidity.

Yep. I recommend self-flagellation with wet angel-hair pasta. Add a little tomato sauce to at least simulate drawing blood. But save most of the pasta and sauce for lunch later.

tltanhueco1990

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:08
Yep. I recommend self-flagellation with wet angel-hair pasta. Add a little tomato sauce to at least simulate drawing blood. But save most of the pasta and sauce for lunch later.
With cheese grates as torn skin for added falir~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom