Combobox in tables (1 Viewer)

tanc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:56
I have inherited 1000 records which need to fit into new criteria selected from combo boxes and to do this individually by the forms will take forever so i want to copy and paste the data in the table, but when I do it doesn't fill in the form.

This may be a problem with the cascading script in the form as the fields fill in when I press f9 but disappear every time I open the form

Finally I eventually want to export the data as a table but displaying the text value rather than the key value

Thanks for your time

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:56
Use an append query to add rows from a different source. It is much easier to control than cut and paste. If you want to export a file showing the text value rather than the FK value, use a query to join the main table to the lookup table. Select the text column from the lookup table. Using a query gives you the ability to reorder the fields if you want and to change their column names to more user-friendly names. Then export the query rather than the table.

tanc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:56
Thanks, I've manage to bodge the first issue by forcing a refresh when in form view.

I've manged to fix the other issue as well, I had the field type set to text had to change it to number

Thanks again

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom