Conditional Formatting Report Empty Space Fill Color (1 Viewer)

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:19
Access 2007.

I have a report that includes the field Lead. It is in short date format in the table. I would like for a blank entry to fill the space on the report with a red fill. Not highlight, but stay red until a date is entered.

I have read the instructions on how to highlight it, and it worked, but when I moved away from the box, it changed back to transparent.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 05:19
I have read the instructions on how to highlight it, and it worked, but when I moved away from the box, it changed back to transparent.

Are we talking about a report or a form? A report is a static display of data, you can't interact with it, so I'm not sure what you mean by you "moved away" from the box unless you're actually talking about a form.

Can you provide more detail about what it is you did to highlight the control? Did you use conditional formatting? Some VBA code?

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
No, it's a report. THe highlight works in layout view. I used a conditional format I found on here. "Expression is" - IsNull(Lead.Value) I don't remember where I saw the thread.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Basically what I would like to do is something like conditional formatting in the report where "Field value is" - "Equal to" - "Null" and the conditional formatting is red fill. I've tried that but it doesn't work. I know I'm doing something simple wrong, I can't figure out what it is.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for answering Sean, I should have said that first. I am doing the conditional formatting on the report in layout view. When I switch to report view and click the cursor in one of the formatted boxes is when it turns read. When I click on another box on the report, the red fill goes away. I need it to stay red until I pust a date in it.

Sorry I forgot my manners.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Have you tried;

Expression is [Lead] Is Null

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Sean. I just did, it didn't do anything.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Can you upload a copy of your db with just a few bogus records so we can see what you've got going on there?

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
I wouldn't begin to know how to do that. I'm barely literate.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
I have a link to another site that shows exactly what I'm trying to do, but it isn't working - the background doesn't stay red. I don't know if it's ok to post a link to another site here.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
You can post a link to another site here if it's relevant to your issue.

Not sure if it will help but I am attaching a small sample db you can look at. It has one table, one form and one report. Conditional formatting on the LeadDate text box in the form and the report.

Attachments

• DB1.mdb
    268 KB · Views: 329

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
You have yours doing exactly what I want to do, but when I use your formula on mine, it doesn't stick. The box turns red when I click on it in Report View, but goes back to red if I leave that box. It also won't print.

I didn't do a form, just the table and the reports.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
I thought I might know what the problem is. I have two other conditions: One that between 1 and 31 May the font turns red. The other is between 1 and 30 Jun the font turns orange.

The one I am doing now for the blank fields would be the 3rd condition. But it didn't make a difference. I deleted the other two and used just yours and it didn't work.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
I tried to upload a clean copy but I can't from where I am. I will try it over the weekend. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
OK. Post back when you can get it uploaded and I'll take a look. Even if it's a few days later just post back to this same thread.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I haven't been back sooner, I had to go out of town. I am unable to upload the DB from work or home. I'll come back as soon as I figure out how to do it.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe this will work

Attachments

• Database1.accdb
    764 KB · Views: 117

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
The one I uploaded is doing the same thing as my real one.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
The problem is that you have the Back Style of the text box set to Transparent. You need to set it to Normal and select the default Back Color that you want (like white).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom