Conditional Formatting Report Empty Space Fill Color (1 Viewer)

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:04
Thanks Sean. I went to the report in design view and right clicked on the text box. I see where it says "Transparent" and a color palette, I can't seem to figure out how to change it. Can you tell me how to do it please?

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Yesterday, 22:04
Assuming you're looking at Fill/Back Color from the right click menu, simply selecting a color from the palette will change the background to Normal and fill with the selected color. I would assume you would want white in this circumstance but selecting any color will remove the transparency.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Ok. I've got the Lead row selected. I've got the back style set to normal. Back color set to #FFFFFF.

Fore color is #373C43.

I have my conditional formating to Expression Is [Lead] Is Null

I'm not getting any red fill at any time now.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
I'm re-attaching your sample db. It works as you seem to be describing.

Attachments

• Database1.accdb
    388 KB · Views: 90

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
I went down the properties line by line and except for a gridline or two everything, including the conditional formula, is the same as for as I can tell. The only other thing I can think of is I used the autoformat in my big one when I set it up. Could that be it?

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
I used the autoformat in my big one when I set it up.

I don't know what this means. What is your "big one"?

Can you upload the db that still isn't working?

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
I got it! I went back and deleted all the conditions, saved the db and took a break. When I came back I started over using your instructions and it worked like a charm. Thanks ever so much for your help and patience.

NDD

Registered User.
Local time
Now that I'm doing ok with this and have learned something, I would like to do something a bit different.

I have fields that were set as short dates that I had to change to text so I could add the word "Exempt" to certain entries. So now I am adding dates and "Exempt" in the same field.

I would like to set up a way that the background color changes, as it does now, depending on the date, but without me having to go in each month and change the date in the conditional formatting rules.

What I would like to do is have a rule where the background changes 60 days before the date and then again 30 days out, from today's date.

What I am doing right now is Field Value is equal to 7/31/2013 and then Field Value is equal to 8/31/2013 and it works. But each month I have to go in and change the date.

I tried Field Value <Date()+30 and it turned them all except the "Exempt" to the formatting, even if they are a year out. So that isn't it.

I'm thinking the field type might be the problem? But I need to keep the capability to put "Exempt" in the field.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom