Continuous Form - highlight duplicates (1 Viewer)

fat controller

Slightly round the bend..
Local time
Today, 19:58
Is there any way to highlight duplicates across a number of records on a continuous form (conditional formatting I presume)?

My continuous form is filtered on load to show only the records relating to the specified date (specified before opening the form), and there is one field that I would like to highlight if there is a duplicate value in the same field on another record on the form. Is this possible?

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:58
Is there any way to highlight duplicates across a number of records on a continuous form (conditional formatting I presume)?

My continuous form is filtered on load to show only the records relating to the specified date (specified before opening the form), and there is one field that I would like to highlight if there is a duplicate value in the same field on another record on the form. Is this possible?

Just quickly, my first thought is to include a field which displays the number of times the particular ID (or whatever) is in the current data set. Either create a function to retrieve this data at the form level or include it in the underlying form recordsource. Obviously, this text box would be hidden.

For conditional formatting it's just a matter of checking the 'duplicate' field for values greater than 1. I'd reckon though that your application would slow down somewhat.

Also, how would you distinguish between different sets of duplicates? They would all have the same colour (or formatting feature). I must confess, other than knowing that Conditional Formatting is there, I've never used it.

What about ordering by the particular duplicate field so at least they are grouped together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom