Copying one table to another less any that currently exist (1 Viewer)

daievans

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:52
I'm in the process of migrating some Access Tables to SQL as we're approaching the size limitations of an Access table.
I created a SQL table by using the Upscaling wizard and it worked fine, however, since I created it the original table has "grown"!
With very large tables the Wizard is slow - I thought I'd write a query to take all those "new" records on my local machine to the SQL table

I'm scratching my head at how to create a query that will copy only the new records, or stated another way, not copy to a Table a record that already exists.

Any thoughts from you guys and gals?

Thanks in anticipation.

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:52
I'm in the process of migrating some Access Tables to SQL as we're approaching the size limitations of an Access table.
I created a SQL table by using the Upscaling wizard and it worked fine, however, since I created it the original table has "grown"!
With very large tables the Wizard is slow - I thought I'd write a query to take all those "new" records on my local machine to the SQL table

I'm scratching my head at how to create a query that will copy only the new records, or stated another way, not copy to a Table a record that already exists.

Any thoughts from you guys and gals?

Thanks in anticipation.

A LEFT JOIN from the Access Table to the Server Table that seeks any records with ther Server values that are NULL should give you a list of the New Access Records as long as:
  • The Access Table has New Records that the Server Table does not
  • The Server Table has no records that the Access Table does not
-- Rookie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom