database from questionnaire (1 Viewer)

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:20
Hello, i need to build a questionnaire, where there are several questions. Each one has answer lke YES or NOT, and there are 2 more field that are automnatically filled according to the answer yes or no. Like..if YES the field print E, if not the field print NE
It is easy, but my concern is how to gather alll the datas together?
Immagine i have collected 500 questionnaire, and what i need to to at the end is statistics
So ...how many have answered YES at question 1
How many have answere No at question 2 and Yes at question 5...and so on

Of course eachquestionnair is linked to a name, so i need also to look for that person within databse and see his questionnaire

How this canbe done in google sheets?
thanks

I attach the file containimg the questionaire

Attachments

• Checklist LA CAB RPV_Luglio 2023.xlsx.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:20
If you use the SEARCH function and look for "questionnaire" you will find a lot of discussions on how to define and how to use a questionnaire database. Look at the forum's menu bar (not your browser's controls) to find your login name, then look for the magnifying glass. Got no clue as to the "Google Sheets" part of this.

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
actually i have found none

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:20
You can use Google Forms to collect the data and the Google Form places it into a Google sheet. Maybe that is your starting point?

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
i never used google sheet or form ..normally do it with excel access..but i need this datas to be available online to be shared..so i use google
can you give me som emore hint on how to proceed?
thanks

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
ok i am getting ahead.
i have aproblem
i have linked my form , now with just name and a question with yes/no answer
It goes correctly to a sheet. In another cell, i have set the forumla to place a value according the the answer
So if B2 contain YES B2 is E, if B2 contain NO B3 is NE.
And it works until i send another data. Each time a new record is added, the formula disappeare
so how to do it?

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
i have tried to use another sheet for conditional value..in this second sheet i fetch data from first sheet, and add the cell with logic.
But everytime i add a record..the formula change
so if i have in first row =SHEET1!A2
when i add a new record the next ecord becom
SHEET1!A4
every tme i add a record the formula shift down and i don't get automatically the value

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
don't work..the formula sheet..if i drag it later datas come out..but when i insert a record this spoil the formulas

i use this formula now
=modulo!$C2
if i put $ before sheet i get error..what operator should i use befor? = don't work, don't undertnd if you put some symbol before

but it don't work as i said

i see its full of this problem in google..but there are so many different answer for slightly difference need that cannot fin a proper one for me

Last edited:

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
Create the formula in a normal sheet, a sheet not linked to a Google form and report back what happens
don't understand..the formula dont work because a record from google form is inserted..otherwise it would work..don't understand what shall i do
meanwhile i might have done a step hade
using this
=INDIRECT("modulo!$C2")
works
But in this way i cannot drag down the formula because all the cell will remain with C instead going to C3,C4 and so on

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I was thinking you could insert the records into sheet1 and do the calculations in sheet 2. This might avoid the problem you're having?

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
I was thinking you could insert the records into sheet1 and do the calculations in sheet 2. This might avoid the problem you're having?
this is what i am doing
in sheet 1 there are all data coming from he module
In sheet 2 i reference some of those data i need for calculation and make the calculation
The prblem is that when i insert a new record, the formula jump..if i am at c2..the new record will make jump the formula to C4..so the new recor dis not taken to the second sheet

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I cannot make head of tail of what you are on about? :(
Can you give us access to the google sheet?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
ok i am getting ahead.
i have aproblem
i have linked my form , now with just name and a question with yes/no answer
It goes correctly to a sheet. In another cell, i have set the forumla to place a value according the the answer
So if B2 contain YES B2 is E, if B2 contain NO B3 is NE.
And it works until i send another data. Each time a new record is added, the formula disappeare
so how to do it?
Why can't you just use what has been entered?
Why do you have to change it to something else?

You really are making hard work for yourself. :(

stefanocps

Registered User.
Local time
i don't understand what you are telling me
What you mean "what has been entered"? The data from module?
if you see the second sheet the column D and F have formulas realted to what user input in questionnaire. I needthe second sheet to peform this formulas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom