Date Field (1 Viewer)

alicevuap

Local time
Today, 06:50
Hi everyone!

I am looking for a solution to the following problems:

#1 I have a form (Access 2010) in which i insert contracts; each contract has a start and an expiry date, but instead of dd/mm/yyyy i would like the user to be able to insert just the year, while the day and month are predefined values and they are automatically inserted (i.e. 01/10/yyyy; the year being the only value that changes, and it is manually inserted by the user).

#2 I would like to set a pop up remainder (on form load) x days before the expiry date, but, because too many of them have the same expiry date i am wondering if the reminder can be set on different days, based on another field (i.e. partner location [country]).. i.e. reminder for contracts with Austria to pop up 60 days before expiring, for UK = 67 days and so on.. or even a specific day for each, i.e. for Austria = 01/08/yyyy, for UK 01/09/yyyy).

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 15:50
1. You can concoct a date from numbers using the DateSerial function. See date functions here: http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/

2. Pop-ups as warnings/reminders are not a good idea if many are expected. They get dismissed and quickly use their value. Instead, make a list of contracts about to expire, and show number of days remaining in that list. If you use a datasheet view, you can apply conditional formatting and colour a field yellow or red for the expired ones, for example.

alicevuap

Local time
Today, 06:50
Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Can you help me further with #2? How do i create the list? Can the list be set to pop up when the form is loaded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom