Dazed and Confused (1 Viewer)

robcrussiii

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:13
Hello, I am new at working with access and I am trying to create a signin/signout type database that keeps track of when employee's leave and return to the workplace. I have created the DB fairly well, implimented a calandar into it to pick the dates leaveing and returning etc. My problem is now being able to run queries on this information. Specifically Id like to be able to enter a start and end date and have it retrieve all the records that fall in that range.

Also, Id like to be able to put another field in the table that would keep track of the hours they were gone, obviously calculating this from the StartDate/Time and EndDate/Time. To make it even more confusing Id like it not to calculate non-working hours... So if John signed out on Friday at 3:00PM and was set to return Monday at 10:00AM (our work hours are 8AM-5PM M-F) Id like it to show as he was out of the office for 4 hours.

I am a complete newbie to access/vb etc. I have been reading a ton but if someone could point me in the right direction here Id be much appriciative. I have attached my db to this message. Thanks in advance.

- I couldnt upload the DB, here is a link to it http://aas-fw.com/signin.mdb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom