Db (1 Viewer)

kasper5023

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:09
I recently deleted a user out of my database after they left the organization and it caused me to lose some historical data when I tried to run reports. I had a backup copy of the database and did a restore but instead of updated the current tables, it put a copy of the table in the database with the #1 and now I have 2 copies of the tables. The database also feeds into SharePoint so should I have converted to local tables prior to restoring? Secondly, if I delete the restored copy will it damage any of my linked tables in SharePoint?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:09
Which type of database did you make a backup from, SQL-Server, MS-Access or ??.
And how did you make a restore?

kasper5023

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:09
I am using MS-Access but I see what I did wrong. I did an import through external data and that is why I was seeing duplicates. I am trying to find out how to do an actual restore of tables from a backup copy. Still need help there.

Thanks

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:09
Then you've to use either append queries or update queries depending on if you want to add record(s) or update data in existing record(s).
Also have a look an unmatched queries, which can detect records you've in a table which you don't have in another table.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom