Election Do-Over!!! (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:49
The Supreme Court made the correct decision. Jack Smith attempted a, now failed, "hail Mary pass" to wrongfully skip the appellate courts (the normal appeal process) in an attempt to interfere with Trump's reelection efforts. Jack Smith's actions speak volumes to the effect that the Democrats have unleashed the power-of-the-state to illegally persecute Trump.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:49
I feel sorry for the "Orange Hitler." Why is he being treated like the Jews, persecuted for an eternity?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
the case will probably end up with the Supremes.
The case will be in the SC. Whoever loses in the lower court will appeal no if's, and's, or but's. Smith filed because that's inevitable. This is like you went to the emergency room with your arm bleeding and hanging off and they tell you to go see your PCP first. Your still going to be at the emergency room in the end.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Biden’s proclamation has poisoned the jury pool — not only because the president suggested that Trump was guilty, but also because Biden declared Trump to be a “threat to democracy.” He has cast the former president as a threat to the country. The implication is that it would be the civic duty of any jury to remove the threat, even if it meant wrongfully convicting Trump.
More proof that it is the Democrats who are the threat to democracy. Biden has weaponized the legal system to persecute Trump.

No, he jumped the gun and tried an end around that backfired. Jack Smith has a history of being slapped down by SC
It also documents that Smith was arrogantly cutting corner's that he should not to get a political win. It's about winning not following normal procedures or allowing the defendant due process. Hopefully, more people will see this stumble as proof that the Democrats are the threat to democracy by subverting the legal process.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
"hail Mary pass" to wrongfully skip the appellate courts (the normal appeal process)
Except in the last 3 years where they have granted cert before judgement in 14 cases. The abortion cases and affirmative action being 2 of them. Since the right has a supermajority it has become more common.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:49
I think the Democrats had it their own way for many years in the Supreme Court, and now it's the Republican's turn, am I right?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The case will be in the SC. Whoever loses in the lower court will appeal no if's, and's, or but's. Smith filed because that's inevitable. This is like you went to the emergency room with your arm bleeding and hanging off and they tell you to go see your PCP first. Your still going to be at the emergency room in the end.
But not until the triage nurse lets you in. Don't you have to follow the "law"? Why does Jack Smith get special privileges just because in order to keep his timeline of interfering with 2024, he needs his trial to start when he wants it to start.

Why are you OK with all this election interference? All of these supposed "crimes" against humanity committed by Trump happened three years ago or longer. The NY legislature even had to pass a temporary, fixed term law which has now expired since it served its purpose, so that Trump could be accused of ra** in Bergdorf's 30 years ago by a woman he claims he doesn't even know. No police report, no witnesses, no facts. Just J'accuse and he's automagically guilty because he's the evil orange man. Anyone who knows how the very rich are treated KNOWS that Trump would NEVER have been alone in the ladies lingerie department. He would have been greeted immediately by a shopping assistant to help him find what he needed. The woman made up her account from a storyline used in Law & Order. Even the NYC jury couldn't convict Trump of ra**. He was convicted of hurting her feelings and fined 5 million dollars for that heinous crime.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Except in the last 3 years where they have granted cert before judgement in 14 cases. The abortion cases and affirmative action being 2 of them. Since the right has a supermajority it has become more common.
Smith failed to read the tea leaves. He inappropriately and out of spiteful arrogance attempted to subvert the normal course of action. Smith, as an incompetent lawyer, failed.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:49
I think the Democrats had it their own way for many years in the Supreme Court, and now it's the Republican's turn, am I right?

They say he is the orange idiot, and yet he outfoxed them on so many issues like the Supreme Court, how do you square that circle?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not sure I would call John Roberts (Chief Justice) a Republican. He has been a real disappointment to Republicans over the years.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Maybe she wasn't his type.
Deflecting again. That's just the way it is for the uber wealthy. So, that by itself would convince me that he was never alone in the lingerie department, let alone wandering around alone in the women's dressing rooms looking for someone to ra**. Somehow I doubt that Trump has trouble getting laid when he wants to. He's famous, wealthy, relatively attractive, very charming in a social setting, and that is a pretty potent combination for groupies and hangers on. So, if it weren't for the special Trump law passed in 2022 in order to facilitate this travesty, this case would never had made it to court. But that's what our "justice" has devolved to. Only banana republics pass laws intended to be applied to a single person. Actually, I shouldn't say that. Congress, as well as the state legislatures are quite adept at passing laws that only apply to a single or very few companies, usually to give them a tax or statute exemption the ordinary folk would never qualify for.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It's back! It's the only thing my wife will eat there. :p
For real? I missed this somehow. Maybe I will go back there. Yes, the MP is a product that it almost seems can't help but feel fresh, ingredient-wise.

Now as for elections. I read both conservative and liberal websites every day, and over the past day or 3, MSNBC's has become increasingly agitated. The tone of the writings, while always juvenile and unprofessional in writing style, has become "shrill", and yelling. You can tell the increasing desperation as Biden loses almost all support from everywhere and Trump or virtually any surrogate beats Biden in general polling.

Now if only it were 2 weeks before the election instead of almost a year

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Deflecting again. That's just the way it is for the uber wealthy. So, that by itself would convince me that he was never alone in the lingerie department, let alone wandering around alone in the women's dressing rooms looking for someone to ra**. Somehow I doubt that Trump has trouble getting laid when he wants to. He's famous, wealthy, relatively attractive, very charming in a social setting, and that is a pretty potent combination for groupies and hangers on. So, if it weren't for the special Trump law passed in 2022 in order to facilitate this travesty, this case would never had made it to court. But that's what our "justice" has devolved to. Only banana republics pass laws intended to be applied to a single person. Actually, I shouldn't say that. Congress, as well as the state legislatures are quite adept at passing laws that only apply to a single or very few companies, usually to give them a tax or statute exemption the ordinary folk would never qualify for.

OMG that case is so ridiculous. Has anyone reading this literally ever been to a clothing retail store, like ever in their life? The idea that a man would have the opportunity to just suddenly sexually assault someone in a dressing room - after that woman for some very strange reason, claims to have gone IN to his dressing room, (a claim just as ridiculous as the asault itself, as women just don't force their way into a 2'x2' dressing room with a man in Dillards).......is SO ludicrous. Tried anywhere with a jury of his peers that case would have been rubbish.

Setting aside her ghoulish looks, which I admit, shouldn't be on trial but are hard to ignore from a comedic standpoint, the whole story is nonsense. Women don't go inside men's dressing rooms. ESPECIALLY 35 years ago, before dressing rooms were gender-less or beginning to be so. And if they did, the whole thing would be hard to argue wasn't consentual in the first place.

It's one of the dumbest storylines I've heard since that Law and Order episode I watched where they claimed that a man was going around the subway in New York "bumping" into women in such a way that they were literally getting pregnant without even realizing they'd been penetrated. You'd have to have an entire USA audience solely made up of people who'd never had sex to make that episode even watchable. yes, I watched it, mostly out of disbelief that people in Hollywood are this stupid - and that those of us watching are dumb enough to watch it and make them millionaries.

Hey, don't look at me - I don't make this garbage up. And yeah, the fact that that series is so popular in America definitely IS an indictment of our entertainment tastes. I know it seems like I made this up as it's so unbelievable, but that really was a Law & Order episode. The "victim" in the case was like "Yeah, I just thought he bumped into me"...it was beyond laughable except not particularly funny

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It is the passing of this special law, intended to be used to sue Trump by a willing useful idiot that is what makes us a banana republic. Too their credit, the jury did clear him of the ra** charge, it was too absurd for words, but the non-victim sued Trump for hurting her feelings by saying she wasn't his type and that cost him $5 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom