Encrypt with Password (1 Viewer)

lmcc007

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:22
I am unable to put Encrypt with password because of its size; the computer freezes.

I tried creating another database with only tblDocument, but it still want import--it freezes.

The table imports just fine if there is no password on the database.

I tried creating a new data and putting the password and then importing tblDocument but it freezes.

This database has a lot of files attached. Most of the files are Bitmap Image (.bmp) and the rest are pdfs. Currently there are 5,189 files which comes to 2.06 GB.

tblDocument is used to document each item. This table by itself is 1.6 GB.

Questions:
1. Is there a limit to the size of an Access database? I read somewhere 2.0 GB.

2. Is there a way to reduce the size of the files attached?

3. Is there a way to hide the files when loading? I found examples to password protect a form. It works but I need to make the database not accessible if incorrect password.

Thanks!

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 05:22
Are the images embedded as ole objects in the table?
If so, bad idea, should be linked to images outside the mdb

Access has a 2gig limit

lmcc007

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:22
Are the images embedded as ole objects in the table?
If so, bad idea, should be linked to images outside the mdb

Access has a 2gig limit

The field in the table is an Attachment data type. And, it's Access 2007.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 05:22
From my limited knowledge of attachment type fields in A2007 they are actually an embedded document. to prove my theory if you create a new accdb with one table and one record with an attachment to a large file. Then move that accdb to a different machine that you know does not have that attachment on the hard drive and try and open the attachment.

If it opens the document then this proves it is embedded. If you get an error message stating it cannot find the attachment then I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom