Error message relating relationship (1 Viewer)

zbird

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:30
Hi,

I have recently added a couple of new tables (e.g. Habitats from criteria) to the database. I have created one-to-one relationship between each table and the main table. However, I haven't ticked the 'Enforce referential integrity' option. When I wanted to add new sites this error came up:

The object doesn’t contain the Automation object ‘Habitats from criteria’.
You tried to run a Visual Basic procedure to set a property of method for an object. However, the component doesn’t make the property or method available for Automation operations.
Check the component’s documentation for information on the properties and methods it makes available for Automation operations.

And it didn't let me to edit the relationship, because I have already had more records in the main table. So I have added the individual IDs separately to the Habitats from criteria table. I caught up. Both table had the same amount of records with the same ID. I managed to change the relationship and ticked Enforce referencial integrity.

When I wanted to type in the next record in the form (main table). It gave me another error message:

You can’t change record because a related record is required in table ‘Habitat from Criteria’.

I hope I have explained it well.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Susanna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom