Exercise and Dieting (1 Viewer)

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 16:12
Well, its been 1 full month now that my wife and I have been routinely exercising and dieting and so far so good. While I do not know what her beginning weight was I believe she has lost about 15 pounds in the last month and I have lost about 6 pounds. My goal really isn't to lose weight so much (only was about 10 pounds overweight), but to just get back into shape and get my energy back. I'm really proud of the wife because she has been working really hard and has been very determined so I'm confident that she can achieve what she is setting out for.

For those non-American friends here I'm happy to say that it's been nearly 1 month since I've eaten and fast food! I was eating fast food about 3-4 times a week before the diet and this whole time I've actually had very few cravings for it so I'm happy about that.

We just bought a home gym that I put together this past weekend, but a pulley was bad so I had to have another shipped to me so it'll be about 1-2 weeks before we will get to use the machine. We are getting anxious get get it on with the weight machine! :p

All in all, I'm happy to say that we are doing well with this so far and we're looking forward to what results await us by the time summer comes. :D

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Today, 21:12
Staying of the fast food has probably been the major contributor to your lost pounds. Being a scottish.jew of course loosing £'s would seriously worry me.

L

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Len Boorman said:
Staying of the fast food has probably been the major contributor to your lost pounds. Being a scottish.jew of course loosing £'s would seriously worry me.

L

Ya...I also forgot to mention that both of us have cut out a lot of our pop(soda) intake as well. I'm not saying I won't ever eat fast food again, but I don't think I'll go back to eating it like I was.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
NJudson said:
I'm not saying I won't ever eat fast food again, but I don't think I'll go back to eating it like I was.

Strong words dude .. strong words. May the force be with you! :p

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Not a dietry expert at all but basic equation is

Take in more energy than you use and the body will store the excess.

Have also had it said that trying to loose wait through not eating also does not work really because when food does come along body thinks hmmmm been a while so I think I will store some of this.

Say a paul Mckenna programme (wife wanted to watch it) and he proposed that between each mouthful you put knife and fork down so that you eat slower. that way stomach has better chance to say to brain...hey hold up there a bit I am getting full. So you feel full sooner and do not get to the I feel bloated stage.

Having said all of that I could probably do losing 7-10 pounds but enjoy food too much

L

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Congrats, NJudson! A couple more tips you may or may not know:

1. Eat less food more often. Smaller meals spread throughout the day keeps your metabolism up and improves digestion.
2. Eat when you get up in the morning. A piece of fruit or a bowl of cereal first thing in the morning gets your metabolism moving.

These are great ways to improve your eating habits because you don't have to change what you eat but when you eat.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
2. Eat when you get up in the morning. A piece of fruit or a bowl of cereal first thing in the morning gets your metabolism moving.

I know this is good advice but I just hate eating in the mornings. I don't know why - I just have absolutley no appetite :confused:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Lol...me too. I justify my non-breakfast habits by eating an early lunch. Do as I say, not as I do. ;)

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:12
Another good way to lose weight is to drink lots and lots of water.

I am really really out of shape so i am probably not the best one to reply to this thread but i did lose 50 pounds a couple years ago by doing nothing more then drinking lots of water. I still drank soda with meals and ate pretty much whatever i wanted. I just always had a bottle of water with me and drank about 4-5 liters of water a day. You actually get hooked on water and will have more energy and less headaches. :)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Kraj said:
Congrats, NJudson! A couple more tips you may or may not know:

1. Eat less food more often. Smaller meals spread throughout the day keeps your metabolism up and improves digestion.

These are great ways to improve your eating habits because you don't have to change what you eat but when you eat.

Kraj You're dieting?? :eek: :confused:

Again, I stress, I am not over weight, I am under height!!! That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Teehee.
Actually over the past year I've lost 80lbs. However I accomplished this by just eating less and cutting out sugary drinks. I drink only diet drinks and lots of water.
I also hear Green tea is a good suppliment that can help you lose weight. I am going to start drinking that here soon to see if all the hype about it is true. I'll let you know if it works or not. :D

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
All wonderful advice!! The thing is, we all know what we SHOULD be doing, it is the actual DOING that we get snagged by.

Through joining Weight Watchers in January, I have learned to lessen my portion size. That alone has been the largest contributor to my weight loss. I haven't been able to exercise, because of the baby, so I have been doing what I can.

I also try to eat more fruits and veggies, and get more fiber - not only does it move things along, but it can make you feel more satisfied for longer.

I can't say I eat really great, but I watch much more closely now. I still eat the occasional sweet or soda, but I don't overdo it like I used to. It's also advantageous having the BF away at school, because he has a sweet tooth the size of Kansas. I'm hoping when he comes home for the summer, that I will have enough will power built up to be able to resist the temptations. Or at least get him to change his habits, also.

And when the weather gets better, I will be out there walking with the baby. Maybe when the BF comes home he can watch her while I work out (wishful thinking)......:p

Lisa

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I've got to get into some kind of shape by early summer. I've been asked to join a local church baseball team. I don't want to embarass the wife by puffing around the diamond like Thomas the Tank Engine. :p

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 15:12
Since I've been starting to go to the gym again (only one day a week for right now :rolleyes: ) I've also been drinking protein shakes twice a day. They aren't exactly low calorie, but they keep me full and I don't snack on other less healthy things. My appetite has also decreased and I eat smaller portion sizes. If I really feel the need to drink a soda, I'll have a 7-UP. The Cherry, Mixed Berry, and Fruit Juice flavors are all sweetened with Splenda and taste pretty good. There is also a Diet Rite Golden Peach flavor that is very good (also sweetened with Splenda). But I like different tasting sodas rather than the plain cola flavor. :D I'm doing more cardio as well, taking Emily for rides in her wagon when the weather is nice or walking the stairs when I'm at work. I'll be glad when I get enough weight off to start weightlifting again. I used to be fit and muscular, and I'm determined I'm going to get back to that. So far so good....

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
How many bananas are you down to a day now Cindy? :eek:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
Kraj You're dieting??
Lol...um... no. But I try to maintain at least a reasonable diet so I don't have to start dieting any time soon. :)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
LOL. I'm down to one bunch. ;)

Wow, what brand so I get some stock in that company? lol

Kraj said:
Lol...um... no. But I try to maintain at least a reasonable diet so I don't have to start dieting any time soon.

Good, I was getting worried for a second there. ;) I think you could probably put away a WHOLE cake and lose weight, but I on the other hand look at one and gain 10lbs. :mad:

Gotta love SYB!!! :p

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Been going to gym a lot lately. It is good not just for loosing calories (I'm thin), but for feeling fit and also endorphins which reduce stress and anxiety.
Unfortunately I loose loads of calories in a session to meet my cardiovascular target, I'm pretty hungry for several days. But is much better to loose calories then have to put some back on, rather than being overweight and having to burn it off. Either way you still have to eat the right things. I tend to go during the day (self employed), you get less of those ego trip guys and you don't have to wait to go on anything. Personally I don't see why people drive up to the gym. Why not run there? That what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom