Experienced programmer but new to Access Programming (1 Viewer)

JPFred

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:23
Hi all,

My name is Doc and I currently live in Richmond, VA USA. I am a retired RPGLE programmer spending most of my time doing volunteer work.

I have taken on a project to write an application for my grandson's school to create a card catalog system.

This application will be used to give the librarian the ability to do all adds, updates, and deletes as necessary. She will also have all standard user access.

On the user side I will need to create a form giving them the ability to search the database over several fields. I will give them the option to select the search criteria using check boxes.

The search will need to be a "fuzzy" search finding the search information anywhere within the fields.

And the story goes on...

What I hope to get out of this forum is to be able to post questions / answers for the brain trust to assist with.

Doc

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:23
On the user side I will need to create a form giving them the ability to search the database over several fields. I will give them the option to select the search criteria using check boxes.

The search will need to be a "fuzzy" search finding the search information anywhere within the fields.

Hi & welcome
You may find this useful for 'fuzzy' searches
http://allenbrowne.com/vba-Soundex.html

If not there are several other similar functions out there ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom