Filtering a Form by way of a combo box on another form (1 Viewer)

mjanalyst

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:21
Bob. When I save the database it wont let me save it as a later version unfortunately. The form's record source that is being opened is called testing. Its a table that all my records are placed in. ESCO_Name is just one of the columns in that table.

Capture3.JPG

That is the settings that I currently have for that form. Please let me know if you have any other questions. If I dont get back to tonight, I will respond tomorrow. Thanks.

MJ

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:21
I was asking about the settings of the controls (textboxes, combo boxes etc) on the second form.
Try this:
Create a new text box on the form that is being opened.
Set the textbox name property to ESCO_Name and set its Control Source property to ESCO_Name as well. Close and save changes. Then try opening it with the code as before.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:21
As I mentioned, the parameter prompt is telling you the name is misspelled, and it does have a space, not an underscore.

DoCmd.OpenForm "Testing", , , "[ESCO Name] = """ & Me.Combo19.Column(1) & """"

mjanalyst

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:21
Great news guys it works now!!! pbaldy the code you gave did it for the parameter problem. Both thank you so much for the help. Greatly appreciated.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:21
Not sure that my comments were of much use, but I'm glad you've got it working.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom