For Fun: An Easter Egg Question (1 Viewer)

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:22
I like to put silly little "easter eggs" in my projects. Hidden little jokes or funny images that users may stumble across. They don't serve a practical purpose nor are they intrusive or distracting.

I just had an idea for one but I doubt it's possible. Is there anyway to customize the background of a message box that is brought up via a macro or VBA event? It would be kind of fun to have a stop sign image in the background of a "save and close form" prompt.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:22
You can't customize a MsgBox() one, but you can make your own form and use that to display messages.

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
That's what I thought. A form just seems kind of visually cumbersome--my database is set to display everything as tabs, which helps keep the workspace uncluttered. And a new tab doesn't have the same feel as a prompt window.

Oh well. Thanks.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
No, it wouldn't be "visually cumbersome", it could look (and act) exactly like a MsgBox prompt.

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
I know that it would act like a MsgBox prompt and that I can design the buttons, font, etc. to be the same. What I meant by "visually cumbersome" is that a new form would open as a tab instead of a window, thus appearing different than a MsgBox prompt.

To me, at least, that ruins the effect of an easter egg imbedded in a prompt window. Unless I can over-ride the tab function for this particular form and have it appear as separate window.

But again this was just an idea on a whim. I already have 2 easter eggs in the database which satisfies me. So it's not that big of a deal if I don't implement it.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Unless I can over-ride the tab function for this particular form and have it appear as separate window.

Yes you can--change the 'Pop Up' attribute on the 'Other' tab of the form properties to Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom