Force Unbound Check Box to False/No Gray Fill (1 Viewer)

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
[Solved] Force Unbound Check Box to False/No Gray Fill

I have a report that generates an in-house physical invoice for an event. On this report is a small section for a staff member to make hand written notes regarding when we call a week before the event as a final confirmation.

I want to have an empty check box in this section for the person to put a hand-written check. I tried creating an unbound check box in the report but it defaults to the gray fill of a null valued check box when printed.

I tried setting it's default value in the report to 0 but for some reason I can't find a Default Value field among it's properties in the Property side bar. I did some research and thought that setting the Triple State value to No would solve this issue but it didn't.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the gray fill when the report is printed? The field is completely unbound--this check box is purely for hand written notes, it has nothing to do with the database itself. Thanks.

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:33
Since it's just for display, try putting 0 in the control source property.

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
I just tried it and when I try to open the report to print it, Access asks for the value of "0". I think it's interpreting 0 as the field name and since there is no field named 0...

Thanks for the suggestion though.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Happy to help!

captbluefin

Local time
Just looked at this thread. Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Glad it helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom