Found Cause, need Solution. (1 Viewer)

XaloRichie

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:19
I Have a form which hosts 2 sub forms both based on different queries.

I Had to add two Fields to one of the tables which one of the subform queries is based on.

After doing that My Host form will not open and I get
RTE 2501 "The OpenForm Action Was Cancelled"

Any Suggestions? :(

AncientOne

Senior Citizen
Local time
Today, 23:19
Your action, in itself, should not have caused the error. However, I think I have seen this error message created spuriously when there is a run-time error in some code. Do you have code associated with this form?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:19
I've seen this kind of thing before.

Revisit the design chain that leads from your tables to the final form. Open (in design mode) and update/save each element - without making any other changes. If there is an underlying query, open that. Open, save, and close the form and the sub-forms. If there is underlying code in the form or sub-forms, recompile and resave each class module.

Basically, Access "knows" that something has changed because something in the table disagrees with something else in one of the data elements along the way. When you open, save, and close each underlying element, you update the internal "thingy" that tells Access that a change has occured.

But I have no clue as to why you got what you got as an error message. I.e., no idea why that particular message came up.

XaloRichie

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:19
I'll take a look

OK Thanks for your help I'll give that a go.

It will be a shame to have to go back to thelast working version I did lots of work on form colours (conditional formatting and stuff!)
Fingers crossed. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom