Front end/Back end issue. (1 Viewer)

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:10
I have a db that I have split out into a front end and a back end. The back end is on a network drive, and I have a copy of the front end on each user's computer.

The issue that I'm having is that 2 people can open the front end and 2 cannot.

When the database opens I have a form that loads on startup with a username/password combo.

On the 2 machines it works on, everything loads flawlessly, on the others they get an error message stating "\\networkpath\access.mdb" is in use

we are all using the same version of Access...

they are all using windows xp...

anyone have any ideas I can check out?

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:10
Each user must have full file permissons to the directory where the backend is located. They must have open, read, edit and delete access to that directory. Place a simple text file in that directory and see if they can edit it [and save their changes] and also deleted it.

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:10
ghudson said:
Each user must have full file permissons to the directory where the backend is located. They must have open, read, edit and delete access to that directory. Place a simple text file in that directory and see if they can edit it [and save their changes] and also deleted it.

man, didn't even think of that!! Just had to get the right file permissions. Thanks ghudson!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom