Question Front end not opening on 32 bit computers (1 Viewer)

AliyuKatsina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:32
Error.JPG

Hi,

The distributed Front End of my App doesn't open and display the above error on 32Bit computers. However if I compile the vba project on the computer (32bit) the App opens fine.

How do I avoid this error?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:32
is the distributed file a .accde or .accdb?

Are the other users using runtime or a full version of access?

You say 32bit computers? Not may of those around these days - do you mean 32bit Access?

Please explain exactly what you do to prepare your file for distribution and how you distribute it

AliyuKatsina

Registered User.
Local time
is the distributed file a .accde or .accdb?

Are the other users using runtime or a full version of access?

You say 32bit computers? Not may of those around these days - do you mean 32bit Access?

Please explain exactly what you do to prepare your file for distribution and how you distribute it

The Front end is distributed in .accdr format and users are using runtime 2010.

The OS of the computers is 32Bit and the processors are X32 based.

The Application is splited into .accdb backend and .accdr front end on a wired LAN.

Hope I've supplied all the answers.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:32
The problem COULD be that you need certain references that are OK on the development machine but that don't exist (haven't been set up) on the distributed machines.

I have seen that error on machines when the user loads an Access app but the machine in question was never used for locally developed Office apps prior to that moment. (Not talking about using Word or Excel, but specifically apps that involved non-trivial VBA.) On the workstation used for development (where the .accdb exists), open the database, open a code window, and check Tools >> References to see what is checked in that list. If the same things AREN'T set up correctly on the end-user machines, that could do it.

The wired LAN should be just fine, so you can likely rule that out as a cause.

AliyuKatsina

Registered User.
Local time
The problem COULD be that you need certain references that are OK on the development machine but that don't exist (haven't been set up) on the distributed machines.

I have seen that error on machines when the user loads an Access app but the machine in question was never used for locally developed Office apps prior to that moment. (Not talking about using Word or Excel, but specifically apps that involved non-trivial VBA.) On the workstation used for development (where the .accdb exists), open the database, open a code window, and check Tools >> References to see what is checked in that list. If the same things AREN'T set up correctly on the end-user machines, that could do it.

The wired LAN should be just fine, so you can likely rule that out as a cause.

Thank you. What I think is happening is the location of the referenced Libraries in both Machines. Is there a way of setting the references to a common path?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:32
The references must be local to each machine. If installed correctly, they ARE on a common path, probably similar to C:\ProgramFiles(X86)\Microsoft Office\Office14 (though the version number does depend on the specific version of Office.

I'll have to defer to other members on the forum because other than seeing that error because of bad references, my experience doesn't include run-time versions.

There ARE ways to determine which references you need from the developer copy and fix up a little app that can assert references for you. However, I would hope that another forum member will step in with advice for this case.

The only other case I've seen where that message has occurred had to do with failing to compile the code before distributing the .accdr file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom