FrontOffice and BackEnd (2 Viewers)

AnneV

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:45
I have split my database in FrontOffice and BackEnd. Recently I can add new items but they are only shown in the BackEnd and not in the FrontOffice. I am the only one to work in the BackEnd. 5 people work in the FrontOffice. How can I solve this problem ?

what new item? table?
you create a Linked table to the new item.
and give each user the copy of the FE with new (linked) item.

What do you mean FrontOffice and BackEnd?
Or, is this an Access question, or a joke?

Even you should not be working in the back end. :(

I have split my database in FrontOffice and BackEnd. Recently I can add new items but they are only shown in the BackEnd and not in the FrontOffice. I am the only one to work in the BackEnd. 5 people work in the FrontOffice. How can I solve this problem ?
The terms most Access developers use are "Front End" and "Back End". The Front End contains all of the interface objects (forms, reports, code, etc.) and the Back End contains only the tables with the data. I think that's what you mean here, correct?

If your users are adding new records via a form in the Front End, but not seeing them in that form later, the problem may be in the way that form is set up.

Look at the property sheet for that form in design view. Select the Data tab. Take a screenshot and show it to us, please.

The terms most Access developers use are "Front End" and "Back End". The Front End contains all of the interface objects (forms, reports, code, etc.) and the Back End contains only the tables with the data. I think that's what you mean here, correct?

If your users are adding new records via a form in the Front End, but not seeing them in that form later, the problem may be in the way that form is set up.

Look at the property sheet for that form in design view. Select the Data tab. Take a screenshot and show it to us, please.
1727784510729.png

Yesterday I added these projects. In the front end we only see till 243. The last 2 are not visible
1727784615170.png

by items do you mean forms, reports, queries?

Edit: looks like they mean records

Have you issued a requery on the form? or it's recordset? Closed and reopened the form.?
What is the source of the form in question?

for others to see new record you added, they must Refresh the form or requery the recordset.

if the source are from different tables, maybe use Union Query?

Yesterday I added these projects. In the front end we only see till 243. The last 2 are not visible
you add it though form? or directly to the front-end? if direct from front end, then i think you need to add it on the back-end for everyone to see.
very confusing if you have local tables on the Front end.

you add it though form? or directly to the front-end? if direct from front end, then i think you need to add it on the back-end for everyone to see.
very confusing if you have local tables on the Front end.
Exceptionally I added them in the back end. I can see the tables in the front end but never add something in those tables. Normally, everything is added in the forms in the front end

what is your emailadress?
I'm sorry, they call me. Could we do this screen sharing session next monday morning or thuesday afternoon? I'm not available till then.
Have a nice day,
Anne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom