Ghost Parameter Request (1 Viewer)

doco

Power User
Local time
Today, 01:51
I have a report (in a small report database) that is based upon a query as most are I suppose. I have done some maintenance on the naming conventions, queries and forms. The database was created five years ago.

There was a field name [Instrument_#] that as you may know is potentially a problem with using the '#' as part of the name, so I renamed that field and chased down all of the references to that field and made the changes there as well.

However, the report when instanced, insists upon prompting the user with an "Enter Parameter Value" dialog requesting Instrument_#. I have reviewed all objects and their attributes and all modules and all queries and all forms in the app and can find no reference to Instrument_#.

I printed out the Database Documenter and there is no reference to Instrument_# anywhere. Making me a bit crazy :mad: Is there a way to track down where that prompt is coming from?

Any suggestions? :confused:

TIA

doco

Power User
Local time
Today, 01:51
Combos?

Try v-tools

That's funny... That download site offers 7-Zip, Download Manager and PDF Creator anything but v-tools

EDIT:

Finally managed to get it loaded and found the errant object

Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:51
BTW. Sometimes renaming with NameAutoCorrect enabled can corrupt and leave a query looking for one of the old names even though the that name doesn't appear in either the SQL or the Design views.

In this case copy the SQL and paste it into a new query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom