Global Date format ? (1 Viewer)

airmojo

Data Digger
Local time
Today, 17:16
I have an access system where the dates show up on one user's system in mm/dd/yy format, and on another users's system (same access database) as mm/dd/yyyy format.

I figure there has to be some sort of global date format setting, but I can't seem to find it. I would think it would be on the Tools/Options menu, but I don't see it.

Running Access 97.

Where do I set this format ?

Does it have to be set for each user, or is there away to get it to stick with the access database independent of the user ?

This is causing some queries and reports to overflow fields due to the different date format sizes. The calculations seem to be okay.

Thanks for help!

Last edited:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
In every field and in every object that can display text there is a format property. Set these to your date preference: i.e. dd-mmm-yyyy

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
You may also need to check each computers regional settings in the control panel and make sure they are all set to the same thing.

Col
:cool:

airmojo

Data Digger
Local time
Mile-O-Phile said:
In every field and in every object that can display text there is a format property. Set these to your date preference: i.e. dd-mmm-yyyy

Yes, I'm aware of the individual format property, but the problem is that somehow it is being changed globably between the two users who are using the same exact access database.

I thought about going through and changing each format property, but there must be a difference between the two users access software on their computers.

The actual access database is on a shared server drive.

airmojo

Data Digger
Local time
ColinEssex said:
You may also need to check each computers regional settings in the control panel and make sure they are all set to the same thing.

Col
:cool:

That was it !

Thanks, I almost went crazy on that one !

Sharad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:16
Regional stting for computer

Good call Colin...that was cool:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom