Having trouble making a post card! (1 Viewer)

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:05
Hello all,

I have to make postcards to send to customers from my Access database.
Unfourtunatly, there is not much flexibility with acces as far as sizing the report. first I made a report thruough the lable wizard and custom made the size of my post card (4.25 by 6.25), but when I go to print preview it shows me the letter size. Even when I put the card in, it thinks it's a letter size and it doesn't print it correctly.

I went to page setup to change it from letter to something else, but except some letter sizes which are long, I could not find anything else. Is there a way around this?
I have been struggling with this for a while. Any help will be appricated, thank you :)

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
Rich,

The Autocorrect is off :(

R

Rich

Are you using your default printer and does it support the post card size?

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I am using my default printer and no, it does not support the post card size. You mean it has to do with my printer!

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
What happend to you Rich? Did you give up on me! I am still waiting for an answer to solve my problem, if there is one! Thank you :confused:

R

Rich

Had to go to sleep, then work again, ah such is life:(
Unless you have the option of a custom size on your print menu, your going to have to cheat, you can fool a report into thinking it's printing to a postcard even if letter is the only option by altering the margins, set the top and left to the minimum acceptable and the right and bottom to a large figure it's fiddly but can be done.
HTH

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
Don't blame you, you need sleep! Thanks for your reply. I will try it and see if it works. There are butt loads that I still don't know about Access, but I am learning!

Thanks again :)

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:05
it is possible to set up the paper type programatically for each report. Look at the entries PrtDevMode (property) and PaperSize Member (form paper size codes) in Access Help for more details and code samples.
Re-post if you need further help.

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
Alexandre
Thank you for you reply. I looked at the PrtDevMode and the example, but it's way over my head. Where am I suppose to put that code? Do I specify the size in Metric or English. I certainly need help. :confused:

Sohaila Taravati

Registered User.
Local time
Alexandre,

I looked at the code very carefully this morning and I still don't get it. Can you help me please
:confused:

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom