Solved Help to build a treeview (1 Viewer)

Mylton

Local time
Today, 09:54
But I don't know like you.
If you prefer, act freely and spontaneously.
I still have a lot to learn in this world of programming

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 12:54
Is this the data?
treeicf.png

Attachments

• ICF Tree View.accdb
    4.3 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:

MajP

Local time
Putting the data in the tree is very easy for me because I have written a reusable class module to do the work.
What was difficult was converting the table to a sel-referencing table. The table has a parent ID key, where all parents are also in the table. The data conversion required code. I could not figure out how to do it with queries.
There is a lot more you can do with the tree. You can use different events to return information on the current node an get it's primary key.

Mylton

Local time
Putting the data in the tree is very easy for me because I have written a reusable class module to do the work.
What was difficult was converting the table to a sel-referencing table. The table has a parent ID key, where all parents are also in the table. The data conversion required code. I could not figure out how to do it with queries.
There is a lot more you can do with the tree. You can use different events to return information on the current node an get it's primary key.
I know.
As I also know that my walk is long in your area of expertise.
But when I do something, I do it for myself. It's true that one or another colleague ends up "asking", but his help was certainly a 1000 and of extreme value and learning for me personally.
Again, I have no words to thank you, and if you want that "water" I mentioned in the sent message, don't be shy. Feel free.
Thanks

Português - Br
Sei que sim.
Como também sei que minha caminhada é longa na sua área de atuação.
Mas quando faço algo, faço para mim. Tá certo que um ou outro colega acaba "pedindo", mas com certeza sua ajuda foi nota 1000 e de extrema valia e aprendizado à minha pessoa.
Novamente não tenho palavras para agradecer, e se desejar aquela "água" que mencionei na mensagem enviada, não se acanhe. Fique a vontade.
Obrigado

SHANEMAC51

Local time
Today, 19:54
As I also know that my walk is long in your area of expertise.
it is too difficult to search in the tree - I prefer the usual ribbon, continuous form with
1- a few words for filtering
2- navigation up/down the hierarchy

you can add a checkbox to transfer the selected items to a form with operational information

Attachments

• ww2023.jpeg
    ww2023.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 70

Mylton

Local time
it is too difficult to search in the tree - I prefer the usual ribbon, continuous form with

you can add a checkbox to transfer the selected items to a form with operational information
hello
for ICD I can even agree that it might be more practical, but for ICF I think not.
the way MaJP did in helping me will definitely help with this ICF and many other things in the future.
Anyway thanks for the tip.
I wish you all an excellent week.

MajP

Local time

Really depends on type of data. This is diagnostic data, a tree makes way more sense. A tree view guides you through navigating a hierarchy. It guides you to where to search. It is like multiple cascading lists or a flow chart.
In this case I think a list would be of little use. You can not find a solution easily in a list because you likely do not even know what you are looking for. The tree guides you.

SHANEMAC51

Local time
Really depends on type of data. This is diagnostic data, a tree makes way more sense. A tree view guides you through navigating a hierarchy. It guides you to where to search. It is like multiple cascading lists or a flow chart.
In this case I think a list would be of little use. You can not find a solution easily in a list because you likely do not even know what you are looking for. The tree guides you.
this is exactly the main thing - the user does not know what he is looking for, so it is important to cling to at least something

with a table of 36,000+ records, this is important, then it is not difficult to go to a higher level to see the entire series for this group of diseases or to a lower level for detail

by adding a checkbox field, you can remember the appropriate rows in the patient's table

you can always remove some flags
, you can add some, whether a similar case has happened before

and all this with 36,000 lines of your directory is searched for instantly

loading your tree was too long

SHANEMAC51

Local time
This is diagnostic data, a tree makes way more sense.
moreover, according to my version, you can go like your tree, only the screen is not so beautiful

although, if necessary, it is apparently possible to correct this shortcoming

SHANEMAC51

Local time
such a filter is much more informative
1- hooked on a string
2 looked where it goes
3 what does it include

Attachments

• ww230322.jpeg
    ww230322.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 64

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:54
funny, "sepsis" is not the first on excel file:

Screenshot_7.png

Last edited:

Mylton

Local time
good afternoon
It's interesting what an idea attracts from different versions with the same goal.

I understand everyone.
But as I've said in other posts on Medicis, sometimes we don't know how to express the best firm for you and the opposite is true.

that's why my attempt to implement, with guidance and tips from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom