Help with Hyperlinking Please (1 Viewer)

h1000

Local time
Yesterday, 17:53
First of all I would like to say a big hello to all on the forum. Great info and great reading for newbies Like myself
I am very new to access and I'm using the 2002 version.

Problem:
I have a form with a textbox, I want to add a button on the form to open the hyperlink browser. After I select the location of the file I want that URL to be entered into the textbox as a hyperlink. This has been bugging me now for 3 days. As I say I am a real, real newbie so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
You should set the hyperlinks data type for that field in your table as TEXT. Then use the Application.FollowHyperlink method [in the onclick event of your command button] to open the web page with your default browser. Seach the forum for the keyword "FollowHyperlink" and also my user name to see the threads I have responded to on the subject.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
Also, if you want the user to be able to browse and open a selected file and/or save the "browsed" file information to a table record and/or you want the user to be able to open a file based on the stored file location information from a table record then check out my Browse [Find a directory or file] sample. Pay attention to the ShellExecute method I am using to open a file.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom