Help with search and replace (1 Viewer)

S

savedone

Hi,
I am trying to replace a string of text within a table in Access 2003 (an Access 2000 MDB File). The string is something like this:

@1\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\froman\fprq2 Times New Roman;}{\f1\fnil Georgia;}}{\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;}
{\*\generator Riched20 5.40.11.2210;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\li2320\cf1\lang1033\b\f0\@12

My table has about 1100 entries that I need to replace. The problem is that when I try to search for @*@12 I get an error telling me I do not have enough memory. This is odd as I have 512 Megs and have no other programs running with background processes to a minumum.

I have been through the help files and searched online. I tried masking the wildcards and still cant seem to get the job done.

This is quite easy in word but seems all but impossible in Access. Can someone set me straight on this?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Louie

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:00
What are you using to to the search and replace? A query, code?

S

savedone

I am using the "replace" which is available in the EDIT pulldown menu. Should I be doing this another way?

Louie

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:00
If T3 was you table name and item is you item name containing your text records you could use the following query:

SELECT t3.Item
FROM t3
WHERE (t3.Item Like "@*@12");

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom