How Deep trouble I am into? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 11:27
Hi Guys,
I received a laptop (in a very bad condition) from one of my friend's friend. He gave it to me to see whether anything can be done over it to make it running again. Out of curiosity, I also accepted to get it reparied. Currently the problem is "Out of curiosity" I just started to unscrew everything until there's no screw left to turn. Not only from the Motherboard but also I unscrewed even the componets inside. Yesterday, He called me to give back his laptop to get it repaired by his Uncle. Now, How to properly pack everything and give him back the laptop. Doable? Please advise.

With Hope,
Prabhakaran.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 11:27
The problem is I never dismantled a laptop before then only assemble it...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:57
If you can call up the tech manuals for that model of laptop, they might have a photo of how it is supposed to look and they might even have a disassembly guide for it. That's about the only thing I can suggest from here.

For future reference, before you pick up a screwdriver, pick up a cell phone that takes pictures. Document what you did for dissection and run the pictures back in reverse order to put it back again.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:57
Not sure why you would accept this task without telling the person that you don't have a clue how to resolve the problem.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
Hi Guys,
I received a laptop (in a very bad condition) from one of my friend's friend. He gave it to me to see whether anything can be done over it to make it running again. Out of curiosity, I also accepted to get it reparied. Currently the problem is "Out of curiosity" I just started to unscrew everything until there's no screw left to turn. Not only from the Motherboard but also I unscrewed even the componets inside. Yesterday, He called me to give back his laptop to get it repaired by his Uncle. Now, How to properly pack everything and give him back the laptop. Doable? Please advise.

With Hope,
Prabhakaran.
Experience is a wonderful teacher. Reading the manual first is even better. I hope this is a really good friend who'll share a laugh with you over the experience.

If you can find schematics for the laptop on the manufacturer's website, you have a chance.

You could also search sites like YouTube for videos on the subject.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:57
You'll probably find a more focused youtube videos if you include the brand and model in your search.

I have a 2007 Dell laptop and with this search "dell 1501 inspiron assembly".
Try It. You'll see all kinds of videos.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
Prepare an apology, ask forgiveness.
Remind your friend it may never have been repaired anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom