How much do you pay for your mobile (cell) phone?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 03:12
As a follow on to the what phone thread. It seems many here have modern phones that do loads of things. So, how much do you pay monthly? Is it worth it?
I pay £7.50 ($10) for my monthly contract. I bought my iPhone on ebay for £80 about 10 or 12 years ago. I have a SIM only contract with O2 for unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 4gb of data (whatever that is). So what's your monthly cost and what does that include? Do you get a new phone at all? Also, what actually do you use your phone for?
Col

I buy my phones, not rent them and have a 2G Pay-As-You-Go Tesco mobile. I use it for calls when needed and will very reluctantly text.
For this I pay £10, maybe every three to four times a year. So less than £40 a year. If that phone fails, or the keypad becomes unreadable, I'll buy another for less than £30 at Tesco.

I also have a second PAYG phone, an Android. Often laughingly referred to as a Smart Phone, that I only use for Signal and the outside security camera. I never make calls but will receive them. Basically I only use it as a computer. I never use it for emails. Over three years ago I bought a £10 PAYG ticket and there is still £8.46 unused. It hardly ever leaves the study. The telephone number on that is the one I give to those companies who think they need my telephone number but I think they actually don't need my mobile number. They'll have to make do with that.

For most of my calls I use a landline, because I consider it to be more secure.

Last edited:
As a follow on to the what phone thread. It seems many here have modern phones that do loads of things. So, how much do you pay monthly? Is it worth it?
I pay £7.50 ($10) for my monthly contract. I bought my iPhone on ebay for £80 about 10 or 12 years ago. I have a SIM only contract with O2 for unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 4gb of data (whatever that is). So what's your monthly cost and what does that include? Do you get a new phone at all? Also, what actually do you use your phone for I'll preparing or something it's like 200 right

We pay about 200 people for four people, four lines unlimited data, all have mobile hotspots with some benefits like Hulu and also we are all making and this includes a small monthly payment on phones

But you can get a decent phone and decent service if you are single for just one person for about 30 to $40 here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom