How to add an add-in library (1 Viewer)

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:45
I have code that requires the Microsoft Word 14.0 Object Library. How do I add that?
My application is on a remote server and the techs are unsure how to add the library for myself and all of our users.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Robert

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. First of all, the library has to be installed and registered (usually) before you can add it. Then, to add it to your project, you simply go to Tools > References in the VBA editor, look for the library from the list of references and then put a check in the box next to it.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I have code that requires the Microsoft Word 14.0 Object Library. How do I add that?
My application is on a remote server and the techs are unsure how to add the library for myself and all of our users.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Robert
1712427743884.png

Gkirkup

Registered User.
Local time
Yes but when I go to Tools add-ins the list is empty.

Robert

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time

Robert
Add-ins are different than references. However, what I said about installing applies. You cannot add an add-in that hasn't been installed.

Besides, Microsoft Word is not an add-in, it's a reference.

Can you post a screenshot to show where you're looking at?

tvanstiphout

Local time

Robert
No it isn't. Access does not run without references. Did you mean to say that the menu option is disabled? If so, that points to you running a compiled ACCDE rather than ACCDB source code.

DickyP

Local time
Today, 16:45
The problem with this thread is that the initiator is trying to do what Access is not designed to do. Of course you can fudge it but the received wisdom is the application part of the database should be local and any data back-end may be server based, if necessary. By all means if you need central code put it in a separate, referenced, library database but not anything that is application specific: you then, of course, open the whole new bag of worms of making library database classes visible, but that's another (easily fixed) story.

Seems to me that what you need to do is parameterise the centralised functions so they have all the information necessary and don't need to do what you are doing - of course this depends on me really having understood what you are trying to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom