Solved How to filtering by List box as like cascading combo box (1 Viewer)

smtazulislam

Local time
Today, 08:33
I have a form screenshot attached.
Firstly,
If I select Year and Month need to Append Data from two tables tblEmployee & tblEmployee1 with YEAR and MONTH,
Criteria from two tables LIKE EmployeeStatus="Active" & "Not Appending Duplicate Data not Match within Month and Year"

These data display a form CALLED "frmTESTPayList" when you are CLICK CONFIRM BUTTON then insert data into subform "sfrmPayRollData" see attached subform

Secondly,
Filtering By List box ("lstCompRef", "lstWorkCategory", "lstWorkLocation", "lstPageNo" ) and also requery in the subform.
lstCompRef most be select,
Others all optional : If select then filter If not Nothing to do.

How to do it.
Any help will appreciate
Capture.JPG

smtazulislam

Local time
Exactly what is the issue? How to insert? How to filter?

I would use VBA to build filter criteria. Review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
Firstly,
I need an append query that selected Year and selected Month with two tables tblEmployee & tblEmployee1
append query condition, two tables have "[employee Status]" Field took if [Employee Status]="Active" & "Duplicate Data Match within Month and Year"

Its create QueryDef temp stored data Insert into subform "sfrmPayRollData" see attached Post #1

EDIT :

did you see there is employee TWO tables. 1) Employee field Name is EmployeeID & another EmployeeID1.
But Starting different Numbers. Kindly see attached Post #1 subform data.

smtazulislam

Local time
How to filter?
Filtering By List box "lstCompRef" most select
"lstWorkCategory", "lstWorkLocation", "lstPageNo" In this 3 List Boxes is optional. User can select anyone OR Select All of List boxes by Items Selected Multi or Single.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
I cannot make sense of your append requirement.

As for the filtering, did you review posted link?

smtazulislam

Local time
I cannot make sense of your append requirement.
Append I create it. Need to only Condition that take only "StatusID = 1"
And Year and Month Not duplicate.
As for the filtering, did you review posted link?
I seem, I would like to Multi List Box.
I upload my dB.

Attachments

• Payroll New Ver 2.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
The link I provided includes a link to another tutorial on how to use multi-select listbox. It's in the section:

Trouble-shooting and extending​

So read the article thoroughly.

smtazulislam

Local time
The link I provided includes a link to another tutorial on how to use multi-select listbox. It's in the section:

Trouble-shooting and extending​

So read the article thoroughly.
Mrs. June, Thanks for your Link and reply.
You dont understand me or Maybe i can't able to explain you well. That I upload my dB.
I read this article, There debug all SELECTED combo boxes or text or List boxes with one Command button "Filter".
But its not my inquire. I would like EACH LIST BOX click to requery next list boxes,

I want to do
  1. If I click First List Box then REQUERY under the data in second/Third/ Fourth List Box and also Filter data in the subform.
  2. If I click Second List Box then REQUERY under the data in third/Fourth List Box and Filter data in the subform. .
  3. If I Click First List Box and LEAVE SECOND/THIRD then Fourth List box also REQUERY and Filter data in the subform.
Kindly review post #7 dB update now.

EDIT :
As my inquire, If you are provide me FIRST two list boxes code example. I will try to others list boxes.

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:33
here check your filter.

Attachments

• Payroll New Ver 2.accdb
    1.1 MB · Views: 90

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Then you did not open the code sample in AllenBrowne's tutorial, you viewed only the query option. The VBA code includes control in filter criteria only if there is a selection made. That's what If Then structures accomplish.

I expect Arnel's sample db incorporates same sort of code.

smtazulislam

Local time
here check your filter.
Thank you very much for response my pm and really you are great and good heart people. I see, you have been work in my lots of the projects. I appreciate.

One more question :
Please again see my post #1
Here was two combo boxes Select Year = cboYear and Select Month = cboMonth
I want to adding Year and Month with my Append query. I tried it
Code:
INSERT INTO tblPayRollData ( EmployeeID, EmployeeName, CompanyRef, WorkCategory, DeptID, PStatusID, CityID )
SELECT qryEmployeeExtended.EmployeeID, qryEmployeeExtended.EmployeeName, qryEmployeeExtended.CompanyRef, qryEmployeeExtended.ContractType, qryEmployeeExtended.DeptID, qryEmployeeExtended.StatusID, qryEmployeeExtended.CityID
FROM qryEmployeeExtended
WHERE (((qryEmployeeExtended.StatusID)=1));
Its works. In the above this query if I added Year N Month column then Its create so many duplicate rows. I guess, its happened because, there was 3 years add in the table they taken all and combine with month Name.

SEE THE SECOND QUERY WITH MONTH AND YEAR.
Code:
INSERT INTO tblPayRollData ( EmployeeID, EmployeeName, CompanyRef, WorkCategory, DeptID, PStatusID, CityID, [Year], [Month] )
SELECT qryEmployeeExtended.EmployeeID, qryEmployeeExtended.EmployeeName, qryEmployeeExtended.CompanyRef, qryEmployeeExtended.ContractType, qryEmployeeExtended.DeptID, qryEmployeeExtended.StatusID, qryEmployeeExtended.CityID, tblYears.Year, tblMonths.Month
FROM qryEmployeeExtended, tblYears, tblMonths
WHERE (((qryEmployeeExtended.StatusID)=1));

for that, I was create two combo boxes (post #1). I guess, its need code in the append button, But no ideas how to call under the query with SELECTED YEAR and SELECTED MONTH only appending.

Code:
Private Sub btnAppendQuery_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryAppendPayList", acViewNormal, acEdit
    MsgBox "Your append query record has been successfully saved,"
    'Docmd.OpenForm "frmPayListEdit", acNormal
End Sub

arnelgp

Local time
i will look into it and see what i can do.
in the meantime, i have to attend to some important task.

arnelgp

Local time
unfortunately the db you posted is not the one in post #1.

arnelgp

Local time
i added 2026 on your year table just to test.
already jan 2026 is in tblPayrollData so you need to test the rest of the months for 2026.

Attachments

• Payroll New Ver 2 (2).accdb
    1.4 MB · Views: 112

arnelgp

Local time
you need to look at the index (Unique) of table tblPayRollData on design view.
this index will prevent duplicate when adding record of same employee, month, and year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom