How to get data in Form from Table (1 Viewer)

SachAccess

Local time
Today, 05:33
Hi,

I am trying to edit a Form.
I want the form to populate details from Table A in the form.
In the old from, data was populated from Table B.
Tried to edit this to get data from Table A instead of Table B.

Now when I opened my edited form, there is nothing to select from the drop-down of the form.
When I double click the form, it shows 236 blank records. Actually there are 236 records in the table but my form is not showing anything.
Not able to understand my mistake here. Can anyone please help me in this.
Form opened in Layout View
Right click on the first drop-down
Selected Properties

Property Sheet --> Data --> Control Source = tbl_ABC_DE (dummy names here, names are correct in actual file, have checked that, just changed here while posting)
Row Source --> SELECT tbl_ABC_DE.ID, tbl_ABC_DE.SME FROM tbl_ABC_DE ORDER BY tbl_ABC_DE.SME;
Row Source Type --> Table/Query
Bound Column --> 2

Not allowed to upload anything. Apologies. I am aware, sample data makes it very easy, but we are not allowed to upload anything.

PS - Kindly let me know, if more information is required from my side.
Table name is correct, table is present, field name is also correct.
Have verified it.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
, 19:03
If your form is showing 236 blank records it is finding your datasource. If it is not showing data when it displays those records it is not finding the correct fields. My guess (and hope) is that Table A doesn't have fields named as Table B.

You probably have to update every single display input in your form to reference the correct field from A.

SachAccess

Local time
If your form is showing 236 blank records it is finding your datasource. If it is not showing data when it displays those records it is not finding the correct fields. My guess (and hope) is that Table A doesn't have fields named as Table B.

You probably have to update every single display input in your form to reference the correct field from A.
Thanks a lot for the help. Please give me some time. I will re-check the field names.
Though I have changed the fields names but as you said, I might have made some mistake there.
Have a nice day ahead. :)

I will revert with updates.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:03
Have you checked the number of columns (should be 2 from your example) and also column widths - would expect something like 0,3

Would also expect the bound column to be 1 (the id column)

SachAccess

Local time
Have you checked the number of columns (should be 2 from your example) and also column widths - would expect something like 0,3

Would also expect the bound column to be 1 (the id column)
Thanks for the help. Please give me some time to revert. Have a nice day ahead. :)

PS - Need to work on different things at the same time hence am bit late to reply or revert with details.
My sincere apologies to all the experts who are helping me countless time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom