How to have where condition in macro of navigation forms (1 Viewer)

TMFN

Local time
Today, 14:56
I have a navigation form which has multiple forms and each have the print option. The first indexed form I could make selective print but for the next form which has been inserted as navigation button selective printing is not possible, it is giving error message.

Kindly help.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:56
Welcome. Forms are not optimized for printing. It is always better to use a report.

However, to help you, we need actual information such as what the error message is and what code you are using to print the form.

TMFN

Local time
Welcome. Forms are not optimized for printing. It is always better to use a report.

However, to help you, we need actual information such as what the error message is and what code you are using to print the form.
Sir,

I have a form created in navigation form which consists of two subforms and one another navigation form . These subforms have print buttons (command) to print reports conditionally. These conditions are not working through navigation form whereas on stand alone it is working. I use macros to print because in VBA code it was not working. The condition clause used in the macro is

[QuotationNo]=[Forms]![QuotationHeadQuery]![QuotationNo] Stand Alone
[QuotationNo]=[Forms]![TMFNQuotesAndBills]![NavigationSubformQuotation].[Form]![QuotationNo] In Navigation form

This works only in the first tab of Navigation form. Second tab which is invoice form which is also having same print button but not working.

When I type these condition in the navigation form the macros prompts the fields and forms when we give marks such as "! or . " but in the second tab it is not coming.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:56
Subforms are a problem with printing. You have forced every mainform to become a subform. That is exacerbated by the main form being a navigation form where only ONE subform can ever be referenced at one time. You can't print a subform. You print the mainform. If the subform is continuous, only the first page of visible data will ever be printed. There is no pagination.

What is the problem with creating a report?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom